Author Topic: Deus Ex -> Update: DX Revision Mod released and requires DX: GOTY on STEAM  (Read 9389 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Deus Ex - Update: Deus Ex: GOTY on G4W = 99 Cents on 12-2-2010
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, December 02, 2010, 05:38:27 PM »
What does the GOTY edition have?  Is it just the fully-patched version with the multiplayer?  I used to have a GOTY disc, but I don't know where it is now.  However, I found my original copy and installed it the other day to try out the DX10 engine (see other thread).  It didn't ask for a key and took the newest patch no problem.

I made an ISO of it because it was pretty scratched up.

I do not know what the Deus Ex: GOTY Edition on G4WM has...

...but the old Deus Ex: GOTY Edition on disc contains the game all patched-up with MP component and another CD w/ the soundtrack to the game.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, December 04, 2010, 03:06:41 PM »
That describes the Steam. GOTY version pretty well....save for the soundtrack.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2010, 01:31:00 AM »
Well, just finished the original Deus Ex which I purchased through Steam before the summer.  It was good, but a bit too long for my taste...the last little bit seemed to drag on a bit. So, on to IW I guess.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 04:55:36 PM »
I was bored today - so, I decided w/ all the DE stuff news going around of late, I'd try to get old Deus Ex: GOTY Edition that I had on disc going on Win 7.

Basically, all I needed was Kentie's Guide and it was a piece of cake.

Basically, I did this:
I first installed DE: GOTY [obviously].
Then installed the DX10 renderer mod - install the Deus Ex portion of the ZIP file into Deus Ex's "System" sub-folder AS IS, just to pretty things up a lil' bit.
Then installed the Kentie DeusEx.EXE fix.

You really want Kentie's DeusEx.EXE fix more so than anything - b/c in his config settings, you now can control sound latency [so the sound don't cut-off], control framerate cap, what render you want to use [DX9, DX10 if you install the new renderer, Open GL, Glide, etc], and other things - so it plays nice on modern OS's and hardware. Otherwise, yeah - you'll likely have the game running too fast, sounds will get cut-off, and other weirdness. Basically - your best bets here are DX9 or DX10 renderer.

So, there you go - all of it, in a nutshell. Not really too much of a pain to get going at all.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 07:43:51 AM by MysterD »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Deus Ex
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 01:30:33 AM »
Awesome, thanks for that, D. I might try DX again to psyche myself up for DX:HR!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Deus Ex
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 07:37:59 AM »
Awesome, thanks for that, D. I might try DX again to psyche myself up for DX:HR!

I was so bored yesterday, I even got Deus Ex: Invisible War going on Win 7.

You install DE: IW [obviously].
Of course, you want to patch it up w/ Official Patch 1.2.

You're basically good to go from doing those steps - but, there's some more tweaking you can do, if you want, to get it looking a little better and all.

You can basically plug in what res' you want by typing literally what dimensions you want into the user.INI file in your "My Documents/Deus Ex Invisible War" path.
Even if it doesn't read right in-game, it's set at the res' you typed in.
So, make sure you don't access Graphics option section while in-game and switch the res' to something the game supports b/c it'll basically reset your INI file back to defaults.

DXTool was a big help at shrinking the font size, so it looks more like a PC game. You can play w/ the HUD, GUI, and other things w/ this, too.

EDIT:
There's A LOT of good information on working Deus Ex: GOTY and Invisible War on Steam forums on how to mess w/ files, settings, mods, texture mods, etc:
Ultimate Graphic Tutorial for Deus Ex: GOTY.
Ultimate Graphic Tutorial for Deus Ex: Invisible War.

« Last Edit: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 09:33:56 AM by MysterD »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline Cools!

• Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Let's burn.
Re: Deus Ex -> Update: Watch the Deus Ex Creators playing Deus Ex.
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 16, 2015, 03:56:04 PM »
That was a nice video. I wish they mentioned even more about the game.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Deus Ex -> Update: Watch the Deus Ex Creators playing Deus Ex.
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 12:55:54 PM »
Deus Ex: Revision Mod released.
This mod flat-out requires you to own the Steam-version of Deus Ex: GOTY.
For those who don't own Deus Ex: GOTY on Steam, it's $1.39 (80% off) today during the Stealth Sale.
Also, if you want Deus Ex: Revision Mod through Steam, you can get that here.