Author Topic: Cecil the Lion murdered by an American dentist.  (Read 6650 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Cecil the Lion murdered by an American dentist.
« on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 01:06:57 PM »
I am sure you have been following. It is really depressing.

Here he was, the magnificent creature. Cecil was apparently quite friendly for a lion.

He was lured out of a protected area by a rich dentist with a history of poaching and sexual harassment etc. Then, he was shot by his arrow. Unfortunately, the arrow from the fucking bastard didn't kill Cecil. The lion escaped.

Cecil was tracked for 40 hours as he bled until he was finally decapitated by this fucker.

What in the fuck sort of a person does this?

More details on this monster:

http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/walter-palmer-minnesota-dentist-hunter-killed-cecil-the-lion-dead-shot-zimbabwe-illegal-arrested-photos-video-cubs-theo-bronchorst-trymore-ndlovu/

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Cecil the Lion murdered by an American dentist.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 01:27:52 PM »
Those safari hunters are just assholes. Like I can understand deer hunting. We've basically removed their natural predators, so we need to keep their numbers in check, and hunters are usually doing it for the meat. But this? This is just some jackoffs trophy for his wall.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 02:28:03 PM »
I don't understand hunting, period. There is zero science that supports human hunting activity, and with deer hunting, those predators continue to be slaughtered (and legislation protecting them continues to be fought against) because there's money to be made from it. The natural predator reduction is artificial, and usually done either with to protect agribusiness interests or with the aim of giving people more shit to hunt.

But yeah, safari hunting is some serious bullshit. I have a sincerely dark place in my heart where I keep my hatred for sociopaths.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 02:44:14 PM »
Hey I'm all for not killing off the predators and letting things go back to normal.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 08:32:53 PM »
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/us_list_endangered_african_lions/

Sign and share around.

EDIT - Also: https://action.sumofus.org/a/cecil-airlines/

EDIT x2 - As a result of this, Delta, American, United, and Virgin airlines have all announced bans on the transportation of animal "trophies". That's not everybody, but it's a good start.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 02:53:24 PM by Quemaqua »

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野