Author Topic: Okami Reviewed.  (Read 37294 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Okami Reviewed.
« Reply #120 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 03:47:37 PM »
Oh, you gotta do em in order? I figured you just had to hit the spots.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #121 on: Monday, October 16, 2006, 09:04:13 PM »
Yea, I was having a lot of trouble with the wall dudes.  Then I realized my tv tuner can record...then it helped.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2006, 05:58:43 AM »
Oh, you gotta do em in order? I figured you just had to hit the spots.

:o    ;D

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #123 on: Monday, January 01, 2007, 01:02:23 AM »
I just played Okami on my bro's PS2!

The game beautiful! The style, the art, the gameplay, it's a lot of fun!

There's only one thing that bugs the crap out of me.. The absolutely irritating jibberish voices.. I get it, it's a cool idea, but it's so damn annoying! Especially when they're high-pitched, squeaky voices. Thank God I can mute my TV.

Other than that it's an incredible game.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #124 on: Monday, January 01, 2007, 01:27:49 AM »
The voices didnt bug me, I kinda liked it, added to its charm. But yea, the game is nearly flawless, I never did finish it though. :(

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #125 on: Monday, January 01, 2007, 01:38:58 AM »
As a Nintendo fanboy, let me plant the seed of how much better this game will be on the Wii. Hell, I', surprised nothing like it came  to the DS.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #126 on: Monday, January 01, 2007, 01:56:18 AM »
Wait... what?  It's not coming to the Wii, unless there's some huge news I missed.  Not to mention the developer tanked right after it was released.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #127 on: Monday, January 01, 2007, 06:31:44 AM »
Yeah, it's a shame that Clover closed down. At least they went out on a great note. I really wonder why though.. I mean the titles they did release were decent and Okami is fantastic.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #128 on: Monday, January 01, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »
The head Clover guy is already off forming a new studio, so there is hope.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #129 on: Monday, January 01, 2007, 11:20:43 AM »
I have no doubt they'll all find work again... just a shame to see a good studio go under.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, January 02, 2007, 01:17:59 AM »
I really is a shame.  Personally, I think I may have liked this game more than any Zelda I've played. 

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, January 02, 2007, 06:38:12 AM »
I was playing some Twilight Princess on my daughter's GC, and suddenly, I turned into a wolf.  Gee, where have I seen this before?

I loved Okami, enough to play twice through, and even start a 3rd game.  The one and only sig I've ever had speaks even louder about it.  Wasn't it Capcom who decided to close Clover?  I don't think those guys were doing too bad, just not well enough to suit the modern short-term business mentality.

On October 12, 2006, a Capcom Co., Ltd Board of Directors meeting resolved to dissolve Clover Studio. The dissolution is scheduled to take place at the end of March, 2007.[3] All of Clover's intellectual properties will be default back to Capcom, leaving the possibility open for further sequels.
  Wikipedia helps out once more.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, January 02, 2007, 08:59:22 PM »
I wish there was more information on why exactly it was closed down.  I mean, if you look at the games that they put out, all of them got a lot of press attention, and the average score for all their games is probaly around an 8 (at gamespot).

I'd blame poor sales, but I thought the Viewtiful Joe games were pretty popular, I'd be suprised if Okami did that poorly, and a lot of people were talking about Godhand when it came out.  I mean, none of them were huge, but they were all somewhat popular.  Maybe it's just something like Capcom wants to keep the clover properties as something directly credited with being developed by Capcom itself? 

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, January 02, 2007, 09:13:30 PM »
I don't think they did a very good job advertising them and such which probably accounts for some sales issues.  There was virtually nothing on Godhand prior to release, and little more for Okami.  I think it was probably a case of a publisher not doing their fucking job and then getting angry when the game didn't sell like they wanted it to.  Just a guess, but it fits the stereotypical movements so often seen in these circumstances.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, June 24, 2007, 09:23:22 AM »
So I know idol has been playing this again, and I absolutely can't help myself.  I need to play it.  It's been an overwhelming urge that's really come over me in the last week or so and just hasn't subsided the way these urges often do.  I loved this game and I just have to play it again.  It was magic, and I need some of that love in my life right now.  Soon as I finish this fucking podcast...

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, June 24, 2007, 11:24:27 AM »
Dude, I know.  I'm trying to finish Xenosaga episode iii, but everytime I turn on the playstation I think about just putting Okami in instead.  Maybe the best game purchase ever.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, June 24, 2007, 11:44:04 AM »
I forgot just how large the game is, too. Like I've put in 10 hours already and am just now getting to Crimson Helm.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 04:20:26 PM »
Okami art book has finally been released in English.  I picked up a copy and it's really a pretty sweet deal.  Amazon has it for a pretty decent price, and I can't see any real fan wanting to be without this.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 04:23:07 PM »
Okami art book has finally been released in English.  I picked up a copy and it's really a pretty sweet deal.  Amazon has it for a pretty decent price, and I can't see any real fan wanting to be without this.

Damn you, quit showing me things to spend money on.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 12:20:15 AM »
I started playing through Okami HD this week on the PS3 and dug up this old thread - I had no idea it was basically ten years exactly from release when I started again.  It's a great game to revisit in HD and has aged extremely well.   I can't wait to explore it again over the next little bit.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #140 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 02:29:20 PM »
Yeah, still a great game. I got the HD release also and was playing it in Japanese for a time.