Author Topic: Lets Bitch About Gamestop  (Read 1779 times)

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
Lets Bitch About Gamestop
« on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »
I paid for 2 day shipping on an Xbox 360, turns out it that even though it was supposed to arrive today it wasn't actually shipped until today. After spending 20 minutes on hold, I was told they would refund my shipping charges, but I won't get my order for another week. I tried to cancel, but I was told I couldn't. I've never heard of spending extra on shipping to get it sooner, only for it to take a week longer. I will never buy anything from Gamestop ever again, Amazon all the way.

Thats what I posted on Gamestop's Facebook page, their inability to help me is shocking. I've had something similar happen to me with Amazon, I didn't have to wait 20 minutes to talk to someone and they gave me free 1 day shipping. I got it the next day. I've never actually liked Gamestop, I don't like their business practices and I think they rip gamers off. However, I wanted a reputable site to buy my 360 from in case this one dies too. Now I understand all of the hate GameStop gets, I really hope Amazon puts them out of business.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Lets Bitch About Gamestop
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 22, 2016, 06:01:24 PM »
I haven't had any real issues with gamestop shipping me things, but I've really only ordered a bunch of cheap DS games from them. So far they've all showed up, but no cases on anything sucks.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 06:39:24 AM »
Why wouldn't you be able to cancel an order that hasn't yet shipped, with any reputable business?  That's the first I hear of it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 02:35:52 PM »
They're often very bad about canceling orders, yeah. Or so I've heard. I rarely order anything from them. The only thing I use them for is when I occasionally want to get something that day at a brick and mortar. They're a pretty shitty company.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 23, 2016, 06:07:51 PM »
I got my first 360 from them years ago, it was a bundle with 3 games. The games came first, a day late, the system came two days late. I'm very tempted to buy one on Amazon and take the one from Gamestop to a store and get my money back...just out of principle.

Also, I hate buying a game and not getting a manual. I can deal with not having the the original case, but when Gamestop sends me a broken replacement case, with no manual and charges me the same price and doesn't tell you...I hate Gamestop...

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 26, 2016, 04:24:41 PM »
Never was the biggest GameStop fan.

Especially since they do often gut their boxes completely - and when they come back w/ everything either from the back or pull the stuff out from the drawer behind the counter; sometimes you have missing manuals, missing CD's, scratched CD's (and you ordered something as "New?"), something missing (like a panplet or piece of paper) that has a game-key on it, and other stuff.
You never know w/ them.

I've mentioned a bunch of my issues w/ that in the Diablo 2 thread, some years back:
http://www.overwritten.net/forum/index.php?topic=2209.0