Author Topic: Bill introduced to charge protesters with "economic terrorism"  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Bill introduced to charge protesters with "economic terrorism"
« on: Thursday, December 22, 2016, 06:05:32 PM »
Was known to be coming: http://cbs4indy.com/2016/11/20/republican-lawmaker-proposes-creating-new-crime-of-economic-terrorism-aimed-at-protesters/

I still don't know the actual language of the entire bill, but no matter how you look at it, this is scary shit. We already have laws against doing anything that isn't peaceful protest according to existing guidelines (though as we repeatedly saw during Dakota Access Pipeline protests NOT at the actual construction site, let alone the site itself, this often means nothing to police), which makes this entirely unnecessary. All it does is continue to push the envelope (along with ag gag bills and others that have come up more and more frequently) to criminalize any form of dissent, especially if it gets in the way of corporate interests.

www.facebook.com/fightfortheftr/videos/1328796260473830/

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: Bill introduced to charge protesters with "economic terrorism"
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 22, 2016, 07:31:32 PM »
But yet corporate campaign donations are legal "speech" protected by the first amendment. Unbelievable.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Bill introduced to charge protesters with "economic terrorism"
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 22, 2016, 10:16:18 PM »
It really is. Never thought this kind of thing would happen in my lifetime. Then again, I suppose no one living in a first-world country ever really does. Don't know if this will become law, but if there was ever a time to think it would, it's now, and the fact that it's even being proposed sets a terrifying precedent.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野