Author Topic: "The Darjeeling Limited" trailer  (Read 5765 times)

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
"The Darjeeling Limited" trailer
« on: Tuesday, July 24, 2007, 09:22:05 AM »
The new Wes Anderson movie!

Looks great. Can't wait to see it.

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
Re: "The Darjeeling Limited" trailer
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 07:06:45 PM »
No one has interest in the new WES ANDERSON movie?

Love the soundtrack already. Both those songs in the trailer were The Kinks.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 07:25:09 PM »
I was interested when you posted, I just didn't feel like watching a trailer at the time.  This really looks great, though.  I haven't disliked anything I've seen of his yet, so I have no doubt it'll be enjoyable.  The way he makes all his movies look and feel so similar sort of amazes me.

So yeah, I'm totally there.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline ender

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 07:51:38 PM »
Yeah I watched this the other day. It looks really great. While, I liked The Life Aquatic this seems to be more on the level of Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums. Actually, it may even be beyond those... there's something very natural and unforced about everything in this trailer that is really awesome. And yeah, The Kinks songs are incredible.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 08:28:31 PM »
Just watched the trailer. I can't wait for this one.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 26, 2007, 07:02:43 AM »
Rushmore was ok, but Wes Anderson is a pretentious hack. I honestly believe people think his movies are supposed to be good, but they don't like them and are afraid to say so because they're afraid they might come off as stupid. His movies aren't funny, smart or even decent when it comes to drama. The only way his fans can describe his films are as "quirky dramedies" or as "Wes films", take away his SAG card.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 26, 2007, 07:09:05 AM »
You honestly believe a lot of shit that isn't true, however.  I loved this guy's movies before I even knew he was doing them.  I didn't know that Rushmore and the Royal Tenenbaums were done by him when I first saw them, neither did my wife, but we loved both and thought they were very similar.  Upon looking it up, we discovered who the guy was, and we've been big fans ever since.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 26, 2007, 07:27:05 AM »
I honestly believe people think his movies are supposed to be good, but they don't like them and are afraid to say so because they're afraid they might come off as stupid.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 02:59:02 AM »
I just saw this earlier tonight, great movie, not as good as my personal favorite, Life Aquatic, but still damn good.  Lots of funny moments.  Too tired to go further into detail, but everyone should see this, especially Wes Anderson fans.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 03:18:55 AM »
..... bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Now that I have the air to breath... fixed.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 05:41:28 AM »
I guess I'd expect you guys to stay inside the box and appreciate another film by Anderson. I guess it doesn't matter that its the same plot, with the same formula and the same actors over and over again. God forbid if this guy would actually try something new, luckily everyone else (except for his die hard fans) don't seem to be falling for this shit anymore.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 06:15:38 AM »
And we expect you to be backwards and contrary just for the sake of your lack of taste.  No worries.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 06:33:01 AM »
Once again you're not making any sense, just admit you like a shitty director.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 06:45:31 AM »
Just stop trolling.  We know your opinion and you're welcome to it, but hammering your point here every time someone makes a new post is unnecessary.  There's no discussion happening here, you're just insulting people.  Continue, and a mod will be forced to remove you.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 07:22:45 AM »
Just stop trolling.  We know your opinion and you're welcome to it, but hammering your point here every time someone makes a new post is unnecessary.  There's no discussion happening here, you're just insulting people.  Continue, and a mod will be forced to remove you.

What the hell are you doing? You're doing the exact same thing I am, the real problem is that you want the last word. Here, let me throw you a bone. After I finish posting this you can go ahead and say some more hypocritical shit and I swear to God I won't call you out on it.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 10:26:08 AM »
EDIT: Not even worth it, nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 04:07:09 PM by TheOtherBelmont »

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 02:45:38 PM »
lol
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 06:04:26 PM »
What the hell are you doing? You're doing the exact same thing I am, the real problem is that you want the last word. Here, let me throw you a bone. After I finish posting this you can go ahead and say some more hypocritical shit and I swear to God I won't call you out on it.

I simply responded to your insult with another insult.  That isn't hypocrisy, it's recompense.  You, and the other hand, are trolling.  I don't care if you give me shit, and I know that you're capable of being a reasonable person because even you and I have been reasonable with each other before, but I don't understand why you have to just walk in here and start insulting people.  Plenty of us find ways to act like dicks without actively persecuting people for their taste, and even when a little skirmish happens, it's generally not due to personal attack and is only a side effect of other discussion.  But you always just walk in guns blazing, calling people out for being shitheads with no taste.  Even if you think that, common courtesy dictates that you don't vocalize it.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 08:50:38 PM »
I guess I'd expect you guys to stay inside the box and appreciate another film by Anderson.

Nick, just read over the progression of the thread again. From an objective viewpoint. This comment was totally unnecessary and unwarranted. No one said anything towards you before this comment. Are you just trying to get a rise out of people? It's clearly working, and I'm glad that you are having fun with it, but it's not civil and people are getting pissed off. There's no need for it. I try to ignore comments like this, just because I don't want to justify them, but something has to be said.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 09:45:55 PM »
You know,  I've never seen any of his movies, but somehow I can kind of see where Nick's coming from.

That said, what movie of his would you reccomend one watch if they were only going to watch one?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 09:49:35 PM »
They're definitely weird, and I wouldn't begrudge anyone the opinion as long as they don't insult me in the middle of making it.

As for me... I started with Rushmore, and that's still probably my favorite.  The movies are very weird, but I find them endlessly appealing for reasons unbeknownst to me.  I didn't really get Rushmore the first time, but I knew I liked it... and subsequent viewings just made it all the more endearing.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 09:49:59 PM »
I don't entire disagree with his point. Which is why I was pissed off when he started talking about "us" staying "inside the box." Seriously, get off your high horse. We aren't blind to the similarities between his movies.

I would say either Rushmore or The Royal Tenenbaums, although I didn't finish Rushmore all the way through, to my disappointment. I think that I'm going to rent it this week, I've been meaning to get it.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 09:56:09 PM »
I actually found out about Wes Anderson the same way Que did, I saw Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums and someone told me it was the same director and I've liked his films ever since even if there are a lot of similarities with them, doesn't mean I think every film he makes is going to be an instant success, he just hasn't made a movie yet that I dislike.

I personally enjoy The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou the most, mainly because I really like Bill Murray and he played a really funny character along with other little things that made the movie great.  Most people seem to enjoy The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore the most out of all of his films though.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 09:58:10 PM »
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou was good - I enjoyed it - but it could have been better. It lacked depth. But Murray did a great job with what he had.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 10:04:48 PM »
Murray was great, yeah.  I enjoyed his role.

But yeah, I think I could like The Royal Tenenbaums more than Rushmore, but I've only really seen it once, so it's hard to say.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 01:29:52 AM »
Nick, just read over the progression of the thread again. From an objective viewpoint. This comment was totally unnecessary and unwarranted. No one said anything towards you before this comment. Are you just trying to get a rise out of people? It's clearly working, and I'm glad that you are having fun with it, but it's not civil and people are getting pissed off. There's no need for it. I try to ignore comments like this, just because I don't want to justify them, but something has to be said.

You're kidding right? Look at my first message, I didn't attack anyone. Que's reply was the attack, I don't understand how you can continually miss him starting fights. Even when I give him the liberty of having the last word he keeps going. Is it possible to still argue with someone after they leave the room?

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 02:28:23 AM »
How do you figure his attack was the first one?  You came into a certain thread, then proceeded to say you believe they're all cowards for "pretending" to like someone they genuinely like.  You took something from your extremely limited scope and just pigeon-holed people, for seemingly no reason.  Then when people called you out on it or just plain disagreed with you, you get pissy and defensive.  Like you always do when you clash with someone.

Is this how you always are? 

Offline ren

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 09:14:26 PM »
So I just watched it and this is my favourite Wes Anderson movie. I saw Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore when I was too young to appreciate them so that might not be fair statement.

It's just amazing though. Has anybody else seen it yet or is this all just trailer talk?

Hotel Chevalier preceding it was really good too and definitely had some memorable
(click to show/hide)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 10:47:51 PM »
I really haven't had the time or inclination for movies lately.  Haven't actually gone to the theater for anything in forever.  I haven't even kept track of the dates for this one.  November is about as busy as it gets for me, I barely have time to think.