Community > General Discussion

COVID-19

<< < (2/6) > >>

Quemaqua:
Confirmed cases mean jack shit since we're basically not testing anyone. This fucking country.

All well and good here, I guess, though I seem to have a cough today. Fun times being worried about that, especially since I was recently diagnosed with asthma. Working from home now, which has been sort of fun, and my campus has 100% closed, commencement postponed, etc., so my last semester is going to be spent entirely online from here on out. Ah well. Saves on gas money, I guess!

Doom Eternal just came out, so been spending my time with that. That's been a nice distraction.

W7RE:
Today the map says there 1 confirmed case in my county. I just got calls from 2 Dr offices. One delaying an appt until things are in the clear (it's been pushed back 2 weeks, I expect it to get pushed back again), and the other asking if I wanted a televisit. I said no to the televisit, I think I'm going to call back and say I changed my mind.

I've gotten a little paranoid too. Every time my nose is a little runny, or I cough, I worry a little. I've had asthma since I was a toddler, and this thing could very well kill me if I get it.

I've been playing Doom Eternal as well. I've got gripes with it, but I still love it.

ender:
Glad everyone is okay. The general US isn't testing much, but fortunately NY has tested more people per capita than South Korea has at this point. I imagine a lot of places will slowly start to looking like the infection rates of NY in the coming weeks.

This is why we need public health infrastructure in this country, goddamnit.

ender:
I've been coping with the new Animal Crossing. Great, relaxing fun.

ren:
I'm approaching the two week mark without really going outside except for one 4am grocery run.

The main thing I've learned from this is that I should really take a week to myself more often. I've been sleeping better, getting more in touch with my hobbies, exercising more, it's actually not bad.

I'm sure that'll eventually pass and obviously I want the situation to pass and people to stop suffering but this has given me a good opportunity to stop and smell the roses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version