Games > General Gaming

Titanfall 2

<< < (2/4) > >>

Quemaqua:
Okay, so I've kinda come around on this. The multiplayer is indeed ridiculously difficult, and the learning curve really high, but I put another couple hours in tonight since Pug wanted me to write something on the online component, and I finally found my footing. I don't know how or why, as it doesn't feel like I'm doing anything differently, but whatever. It's really intense, and definitely rather different. Never played anything quite like it, and it gets the heart racing for sure.

EDIT - Have definitely come around on this. I'm still not amazing at it, but I can often stay in the middle ranks, and occasionally get to the top (and still sometimes get shut down on the bottom, heh). It's really, really good, and I can see why people praise it so highly. Still a few days left in the sale. If any of you were thinking about it, I'd definitely give it two thumbs up.

MysterD:
So far, got about 3 hours or so on this Free Weekend with the Titanfall 2 MP.

Yep, it's fun right out-the-gate, as one w/ expect, if you've played T-Fall 1 and all.

There's nothing like killing some enemies, dropping a big-ass Titan from the sky, and then laying waste to enemies in the Titan. Nothing like being in that Titan...and then stomping on Pilots who ain't in their Titan and blowing other big Titans right out-of-the-water.

The grappling hook here really is a cool weapon + additional to your Pilot's arsenal for movement, as it can make the running up the walls and vertically stuff even more fun & interesting.

Though, as usual, w/ Titanfall 1 - seems like also in T-Fall 2 here that I can mostly get games w/ Attrition going without much effort and without much wasting-time, waiting to get a get Match-Maked and all. While there are a bunch of other different modes here, Attrition pretty much is the game's main mode, so most seem to be playing Attrition here.

Quemaqua:
Wrote something about this: http://pk.ign.com/titanfall-2-pc/9654/feature/titanfall-2s-multiplayer-is-tough-but-rewarding

Xessive:
The Titanfall 2 Frontier Defense mode just released recently and it prompted me to give the game another try.

It's basically a 4-player co-op horde mode and it is supremely fun!!

It doesn't really do anything new with the tried'n'true formula but the gameplay mechanics really work for it. Hopping into a Titan and fending off waves of grunts and enemy Titans is thoroughly enjoyable. Even when your Titan takes on too much damage, ejecting and maneuvering around on-foot is a blast (pardon the pun).

Quemaqua:
Oh nice. That's really cool, since the competitive stuff is so rough. If anybody wanted to play some of that I might be inclined to reinstall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version