Author Topic: Sirean needs to get back into gaming.  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Sirean needs to get back into gaming.
« on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 02:42:24 AM »
That's all I have to say.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Sirean needs to get back into gaming.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 02:44:33 AM »
Either that or you need to get into DoW. :-[

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 02:50:57 AM »
Don't bother.  I've been barking up this tree for months now.  He's gone complete Warhammer freak.  And, as you can see, it's had a marked impact on me as well.  Damn you, Sy.  Damn you.

P.S. We're painting this weekend, right?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 03:38:22 AM »
He was easy more prolific than me a few years ago. I think he needs to steal a high end rig + xbox 360.

Hey I hear Que has a 360. Maybe you can let yourself in... while he is asleep.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 07:25:35 AM »
I never sleep.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 12:11:21 PM »
Also Que needs to finish FFXII(unless he already did).

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
Seriously, it is odd to see him to go through that phase. It is like seeing a fish take a break from water.

But I think we all go through it. Before my current rig, I hadn't really gamed in four months. Now I can't stop heh.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 01:10:40 PM »
I havent done a ton of gaming recently. I just need to upgrade. Kinda sucks trying to play a game at 15fps with everything at minimum, ya know?

Though last night I beat Zelda: OOT...in an emulator....with improved textures. Was fun. I might try Zelda: MM next. Never really played that one.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 02:03:23 PM »
Since he hasn't spoken up in his own defense, I'll at least say that his PC is aging a bit and that apparently accounts for a lot of his current move away from that.  Of course, he could *afford* to upgrade it if it weren't for 40K, but... heh.  I'm one to talk.  Julia and I are about to go down to Games of Berkeley to probably spend $30 on paint.  Oops.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 03:15:29 PM »
I've moved away from PC gaming because of my rig's age, and I refuse to do anything about it now.  But I haven't stopped gaming.  Consoles do a fine job in this part of the cycle.

I did try to stop, about a year ago.  It was part of my determination to move back with my ex and my kids.  Didn't work.  It's too ingrained into my psyche.

Edit:  Idol, you should see how Oblivion performs at 1360x768 with dual-screen mode (clone) on.  Settings are actually below minimum, since I disabled the specular lighting pass manually.  It's enough to make a grown gamer cry.  I may try disabling the 2nd screen output, but it's too disheartening.  It's just a copy of the primary display, going out the DVI port, so I doubt it's going to improve things much.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 10:43:46 PM »
I am still gaming, just a totally different kind. Maybe you need to get with the new program... probably not. It's not so much that I've been lost totally into Warhammer and the like, but that I've got school on my back too. If I was working still I'd probably be doing more gaming that I currently am, but even then that's still not that much. I also think if I was to truly upgrade my computer, my Warhammer cost really wouldn't cover it. Things are at a point where the upkeep on the hobby isn't much outside of actually buying models and refilling a few supplies every couple months. I've made the initial investment and I'm more or less good now. A new computer would be way more money that I'm allowed to spend at once without a fully time job.

Besides, I have such a backlog in video games right it's sick. Thankfully, not much has come out in the past six months that I really care about, next gen, old gen, or otherwise. From what I've seen in the pipeline for the next year or so, I'm pretty safe from having to buy a new console or upgrade my computer. I've got my Wii so Metroid will be covered. Thanks to that backlog, I can probably play games that are new to me from nearly every genre that I care about for the next couple years.... I'm pretty covered, which is good because I won't have much in the way of new money for the next few years if this school thing actually pans out.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 10:57:17 PM »
It is good that you have your priorities in order. Are you still studying Geology?

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 11:07:51 PM »
When I get back to that level, hopefully.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 06, 2007, 11:28:56 PM »
I like geology.  I kind of wish I went with that instead of econ/poli sci.  Either way it doesn't matter it's all about the Btech in Construction  Management. 

Fuck, life was so much less depressing when you were young enough to believe you could be Spider-man when you grow up.