Author Topic: I am pulling a Scary Tooh  (Read 1765 times)

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
I am pulling a Scary Tooh
« on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 08:15:18 PM »
Around the end of October, I finally got fed up with my weight gain. I had packed on the pounds since high school and weighed in at a hefty 245 at 6'0. I renewed my long dormant YMCA membership and started going every day.

I was in tip top shape back when i was a high school senior because I ran upwards of 5 miles a day. Now, halfway through December, I am finally back running 5 miles a day (6 miles on a good day) and I now weigh 217. I cut out all sugar from my diet and I don't snack except maybe an apple or banana here and there. I eat a light breakfast, skip lunch and have an early dinner and I am feeling great! I think I have missed a total of 5 days of going to the Y since I started going and I am starting to kind of enjoy it. I am really shooting for a target weight of 175 around late Feb or early March. Then it will be like "Ladies! Please! One at a time!"
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: I am pulling a Scary Tooh
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 08:23:08 PM »
I wish I had that kind of willpower.

But I don't. *eats more cookies*

Offline ScaryTooth

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 08:36:25 PM »
Hell yeah. It sucked at first, but after a while I really started to enjoy it. You just feel good after a nice workout. I feel better, I look so much better than I used to.

I have to beat them off with a stick...pretty much.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 11:42:35 PM »
Shit, I have to beat them off with a stick already and I'm a fat freak.  Imagine the situation if I actually dropped my excess pounds.  All hell would break loose.

... stop fucking laughing.

But yeah, I'm more or less with idol.  There was a time when I managed to do that.  I got down to about 195 and kept it that way for a year and a half or so, was doing great.  Then my dad died, I lost all willpower to do anything active at all, and it's never come back.  I'm now married to a wonderful woman who, bless her heart, can't work, leaving me the sole breadwinner in a land where two working family members generally struggle to make ends meet, and she's got a condition that makes life really difficult sometimes, so I'm stressed out of my mind all the time and stuck at work where I don't have much in the way of options.  I should be smart and try to work it all out physically, but it's really hard when you do as much crap as I do.  I'm obsessed with trying to fit everything in, and exercise is pretty much at the bottom.  I do at least walk home from the subway every day now, but it isn't quite often enough to make much difference without supplementing it somehow.

Anyway... more power to you.  That's awesome.  Maybe you'll inspire the rest of us somehow.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 08:58:20 PM »
Congrats.  I've been a skinny bastard with the metabolism of a hampster for so long I'm not sure that I'd have the discipline to loose weight that way.

Edit: I'd just like to add that for some reason I always pictured keeb as a short skinny kid.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 10:05:48 PM »
I always pictured Keebler as that guy at the party in the Harold in Kumar movie, who is grilling Harold about work as an investment banker. The guy who is dancing without his shirt later.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 07:35:09 AM »
lol.. well i gotta get off my bum..  i'm 100 lbs right now though so..  not bad... but i really should exercise every day again.  It felt good.

Right now, i've got a holter machine stuck to me
Taken.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 13, 2006, 07:41:58 AM »
That doesn't sound good.  Heart troubles, Raisa?

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野