Author Topic: Sony Playstation Classic games list revealed  (Read 2094 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Sony Playstation Classic games list revealed
« on: Monday, October 29, 2018, 11:32:12 PM »

• Battle Arena Toshinden™
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash!
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr. Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee®
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil™ Director’s Cut
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo®
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms[/l][/l]
Kind of a weird one. Some very obvious omissions and some weird games included. Because when you think classic PSX games, who thinks of Rainbow Six? some of the games I could think of that are missing probably have licensing issues, like Gran Turismo, Jet Moto, and Tony Hawk. And then something like Ape Escape requires the Dual Shock when this system just has the standard PSx controllers. Also weird they did Tekken 3 because it was the best on the system, but then put the original Twisted Metal when I'm pretty sure everyone really remembers 2.
Japan of course got a slightly different list:
  • Arc the Lad
  • Arc the Lad 2
  • Armored Core
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Gradius Gaiden
  • XI [sái]
  • SaGa Frontier
  • G Darius
  • Jumping Flash
  • Super Puzzle Fighter IIX
  • Tekken 3
  • Toshinden
  • Biohazard (RE1) Director's Cut
  • Parasite Eve
  • Final Fantasy VII International
  • Mr. Driller
  • Persona 1
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Wild Arms[/l][/l]
XI is known as Devil Dice here. Lucky them, that game was cool. Would have been neat to see a Densha de GO in there but oh well.
[/list][/list]

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Sony Playstation Classic games list revealed
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2018, 12:46:19 AM »
I think I already own all the games from either of those lists that I'd want to actually play, though at this point I think I'd have to emulate them. I'm not sure I have a working system for PS1 games anymore.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Sony Playstation Classic games list revealed
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 01, 2019, 03:52:58 PM »
I bought a PlayStation Classic this past weekend for $20. All kinds of stores were trying to get rid of these (Target, Best Buy, etc) - and I got the last copy at my local Best Buy.

Honestly, worth it alone just for the USB controllers. Anything else is just more extra toppings on top of the sundae here.

Out-the-box, no tinkering, it's fine for $20. Just...nothing special. Better than nothing, at $20.

50hz refresh is "meh" and PAL for some games doesn't help, as some games just don't feel right at times - i.e. Tekken 3 (European version on the PSC). They have slow-downs, stutters, and whatnot, which don't feel right compared to their (smooth) USA counterpart at 60hz.

With tinkering, it's great...once you got things down!

So, I also bought some SanDisk Cruzer 2.0 USB Flash Drives (one 16 GB and another 32GB flash drive). I have a USB 2.0 hub too. So, what I was trying to do w/ the emulators - load an emulator and my PSX games onto USB Flash Drive in one slot of the USB 2.0 hub; and toss the USB-based PSC controller (not dual-shock) onto another port from the USB 2.0 hub.

So, I had issues w/ BleemSync - after installing it and whatnot. Very rarely, even after following directions, it would load BleemSync from my USB disk. Most times, not at all. When it worked, worked great. Tekken 3 (PAL version that came w/ PSC) ran much better w/ BleemSync than it did as is right out-the-box.

So, I had enough of its issues w/ BleemSync not loading most times and tried another emulator. This time, RetroArch/RetroBoot stand-alone. And it works every damn time, from my USB drive; no problem. Loads every time from USB. Tekken 3 ran great and smooth at 60hz, in its PAL version that come w/ the PSC.

So I ripped Tekken 2 from my original PSX CD's via ImageBurn (to get CUE and BIN files) via my PC and added Tekken 2 USA version to the USB Flash Drive. Runs perfect on my PSC with RetroArch.

I'm gonna try and rip my PSX CD copy of multi-disc games like Chrono Cross and Driver 2...and see how those fend.

I do wish there were some other titles here on the PSC, but I do have a decent PSX collection...and can rip my PSX collection to USB, which is what I want most out of this system.

Overall, PSC was okay out-the-box as is...and was fine for $20. But I was very pleased w/ PSC once I tinkered around and got RetroArch up on the USB drive, which is probably how this should've been out-the-box.

Once tinkered with, this PSC system rules...and is a real steal at the $20 that I dropped on that.