I have now beaten Dead Rising finally. That last guy was very annoying.
[spoiler]I tried punching him rapidly, but he'd always get me in a choke hold from behind, and drain away a bunch of my health. I tried finding something to make it easier, but to no avail. The hunks of meat (zombie arms) barely dented him, if at all, and it would have taken forever even so. I was successful clearing out most zombies around the tank the 2nd try, but that helped me very little. It's nearly as easy to walk over them. When I was almost dead the 2nd time, I realized that kicking and punching him from the lower part of the tank seemed to help. He never got me in a hold while I stayed off the turret, and he'd always seem to want to climb back on to it. Otherwise, I'd hop up & run across the turret, then drop down on the other side of the tank. He killed me, but on the 3rd attempt, I used that technique with a lot more health, and it worked. His dealing with the height changes delayed his attack & defense just enough.[/spoiler]
I'm now in infinity mode. It looks like I can't save, it's ridiculously late, and I don't want to leave the 360 on for the next 6-8 hours. Ugh. I gotta get some sleep.
Edit: I aimed a box fan at the 360, and left it on while I slept. (I swear this thing needs more cooling. I'm concerned about longterm damage. Maybe there is something to all the horror stories about failure rates. If it's true that the GPU is soldered on rather than socketed . . . but I digress.) I went back to the game this evening, and managed to survive 4 days, 20 hours and odd minutes. Dammit! Just missed the 5-day achievement. I got 2 health books right off the bat too, but I still ran out of food/drink. There must be something else I need to do to stretch it out.
Infinity mode is much more open-ended than the regular game. There is no structure. All you have to do is figure out how to survive. Heath drops slowly, so the real challenge is finding food & drink. You can otherwise go anywhere and do anything. That weapon from the Zombie Genocider achievement makes the occasional hairy fight much easier. I can't see going through that again soon, though. It takes so long, and the way to improve times is to do very little that's risky. So I can see a lot of dead time, sitting in a safe corner, just waiting to eat/drink when enough health goes away.