Author Topic: Project 365 (or 52...undecided)  (Read 6406 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Project 365 (or 52...undecided)
« on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 10:07:01 PM »
I read about this a little while ago. Theres no official site or anything like that, its just a personal challenge. The goal is to take (and presumably post online) one photo every day for an entire year. It sounds like a fun challenge (esp for me since I don't travel or go out a lot...expect lots of nature and macro!), though every day might get really hard. I was thinking of modifying and doing a photo a week for a year. Then you can pick out the best one each week to post online.

Maybe this is a good excuse for me to grab a Canon SD800 IS or some other pocket sized camera that I can carry with me at all times.

I have been trying out various blog sites to post the images to. Fotolog is cool and only allows one image upload per day...except if you miss a day (ie, you took the shot but didnt upload it till the next day) you will be out of sync the rest of the year. Photoblog has the same one post per day limit, but each post can have up to 20 shots so you can just say "And heres the one from yesterday" when you post. Then I was messing with the recently out of beta Blogger and it seems like a really good solution with pic uploads and no posting limits.

Hell, maybe it would be easier to just put em on Flickr. I'll never meet their monthly upload limits (now up to 100MB) plus they have slideshows and stuff.

So yeah, I'm deciding on daily or weekly. Anyone have any suggestions/want to do this as well?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Project 365 (or 52...undecided)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 10:39:48 PM »
I think that in actuality I could completely do daily if I took my camera with me everywhere.  I always see at least 5 things a day that I think would be cool to photograph, but I'm an idiot and never take my camera anywhere.  But then again, weekly will probably insure that every photo is a higher quality one as you can just pick from whatever you took that week and grab the best.  But that could be hard if you get several photos you like and don't want to ditch them.

Anyway, I'm completely down to do this with you.  It sounds like tons of fun!  And I love your pictures, so that makes it even better.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 10:45:16 PM »
If I had a digital camera I would do this.  It will be cool to see all the photos you take Idol.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 10:55:32 PM »
Do we start January first, idol?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »
Yeah, seems like the best time to start. Gives us a few days to prepare.

I decided to just make a "365" album on Flickr and upload there.

So...daily or weekly? Weekly would probably have better overall results, daily would be more challenging.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 11:20:41 PM »
I'm actually getting into digital photography, I think that I may get some new stuff for Christmas. I might try and keep up on a weekly basis. Sounds like fun.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 11:27:52 PM »
You know what might be fun? If we do a 52 project (weekly), we have to shoot a theme each week. A color, an emotion, an idea...just to mix it up.

Kind of a take on the 26 Things concept (you have 26 things you must photograph in a month...most of them are abstract).

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »
That could be cool indeed.  I say we do weekly and then on "theme weeks" we can do multiple pictures related to said theme.  And maybe Once a month we could have a week where we post some "other" pictures that didn't quite make the cut but are worth looking at anyway.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 11:31:21 PM »
Cool idea. We need to announce the theme a week ahead of time, though. So, maybe for the week of the 1st, we should do a holiday theme. Christmas / New Years. Seems like an easy idea for our first week.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 11:32:05 PM »
Sounds good to me.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 11:43:26 PM »
Yeah, good idea.

*grabs camera*

For freedom!

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 28, 2006, 08:32:53 PM »
I'd be interested, though 1 picture per weeks sounds much more reasonable that one a day.