Author Topic: Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles (Expansion) THREAD  (Read 37316 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles (Expansion) THREAD
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, May 03, 2007, 11:49:08 PM »
I'm about level 12 now, and my character is decent with blades and bows. I've finally realized that enjoy playing as an Acrobat best. I really enjoyed Agent and Knight classes, but Acrobat was just the right balance between them.

I've pretty much stopped wearing armor altogether. Just clothes will do fine; keeps me faster too! I got Galerion's Unarmored Acrobatics plugin (which creates an Unarmored skill tied to your Acrobatics skill), and it's pretty well done.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #121 on: Friday, May 04, 2007, 12:12:04 AM »
Your weapons leveling up with you would hurt the roleplaying heh.

Hero: I am going to cut your neck with my sword ORC!!!!!

Orc 1: Ummm OK.

Hero: GAAAHHHHHHHHH *kills first Orc* Now its your turn!

Orc 2: :(

Hero: Wait... why is my sword bigger and seemingly more powerful?

Orc 2: Uhhh you leveled up.

Hero: Leveled up? What the fuck does that mean?

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: Friday, May 04, 2007, 01:20:59 AM »
The leveling up should mean I can make better use of any melee weapon, at least doing as much damage to enemies (who level up with me, a silly but perhaps needed premise) as I did before.  But not so.  The duskfang/dawnfang is now almost useless to me.  It runs out of charge way too soon to, er, do its best later.  I'm tempted to drop the difficulty slider down a couple of notches to compensate a bit for the ridiculously strong enemies now, but I've resisted so far.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, May 08, 2007, 04:48:06 PM »
It's not complete.  It's at least missing the "Chalice of Reversal quest is impossible to complete because no creatures EVER FRIGGIN' DROP FELLDEW THE WAY THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO!!" entry.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, May 08, 2007, 09:20:47 PM »
It's not complete.  It's at least missing the "Chalice of Reversal quest is impossible to complete because no creatures EVER FRIGGIN' DROP FELLDEW THE WAY THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO!!" entry.
Sheet.. That sucks man.. You're killing the ones that are kinda glowing greenish right?

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2007, 12:24:32 PM »
I keep hearing rumors about green-glowing critters.  So far, they are completely unfounded in my game.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, May 10, 2007, 03:12:05 AM »
I keep hearing rumors about green-glowing critters.  So far, they are completely unfounded in my game.
When you go to the area surrounding Dunroot Burrow, you should see one Elytra that kinda has a greenish glow.. Kill it and you can loot some Felldew from it. You have to ingest the Felldew in order to enter the burrow.

Once you get inside you'll come across quite a few green Elytrae who also have some Felldew.

EDIT:
This might help! UESPWiki is awesome.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, May 10, 2007, 10:28:14 AM »
I've done all the talking with NPCs I need to do.  I was sent to the Dunroot Burrow.  I know I'm supposed to kill an Elytra that drops felldew.  I've tried that about 10 times.  There is no Elytra which drops felldew, green-glowing or otherwise.  I've killed a bunch of the yellow ones.

Thanks for the link, but it doesn't have a mapped location.  ("Northernmost section of Overlook road" doesn't really pinpoint it for me.  I didn't even know roads have names.)  I'm hoping that I'm somehow going to the wrong place, even though the quest map sends me right there, and the game tells me I'm at Dunroot Burrow.

Edit:
The chalice is in Dunroot Burrow, north of New Sheoth. Take a nice walk there
and enjoy the scenery, or fast travel. The cave door cannot be opened until you
ingest some Felldew, luckily, you can find some on the Elytra right outside.
This will open a membrane which previously blocked the entrance.

That's from a FAQ.  That's where I've been going.  The membrane is there.  There is no green elytra by it, or anywhere nearby.  Tried it many times.

You know, everyone praises Bethesda for how hard they've worked on this game.  Working hard means nothing if they fuck up the job.  I dealt with broken quests in the main game on the PC, and it looks like a big one is staring me in the face right now in SI.  They just got done fixing their incredibly inept lack of testing on formIDs, and the fun with screwups just continues anyway.

Oh, in case it wasn't clear, I'm fucking pissed.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 10, 2007, 10:51:53 AM by Cobra951 »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, May 10, 2007, 02:02:15 PM »
Cobra, if I was you, I'd make sure you bring up the issue on the Elder Scrolls message boards.

Create a new thread there and stuff and complain.

And/Or, post it in some thread where they talk about "existing bugs that need to be fixed" (in some later patch).

And/Or, post in a thread if there already is one on this as an in-game issue. I'm sure someone has ran into the bug or something...

The more you mention nasty things, more likely it'll probably get fixed.

I wonder if the fan-community fixed this issue on the PC version, since we got the toolkit and all...probably....

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, May 10, 2007, 07:22:07 PM »
Open up the editor, make a mod and toss in the creature where you want him.  Your problem could well be solved in about 5 minutes.  Oh wait, you're playing it on 360 now, aren't you?  I guess that doesn't help, does it?  Hmm.  Does the 360 version have any cheats?  Can you bring up the console somehow?  Anything?  I'm so used to having complete control over TES games that I don't think about not having that.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 01:15:38 PM »
Yeah, 360 version.  To my knowledge, I have as much control over Iraq as I do here.  There seems to be nothing out there on my issue, which tells me it may just be my problem--not that this makes it fantasy.  Unless I'm missing something (always a possibility) it's very real.  $90 so far invested in this (Oblivion + SI) and it's been a nightmare--multiple crashes, hiatus forced by formID bug, and now this.

If I make a stink anywhere official, you know the kinds of things I'm going to hear.  After about 1,000 people tell me that they don't have this problem, I'll be told to delete all DLC, redownload it, kill save games, restart from scratch, and in general waste another ton of time.  Cynicism appears inevitable.

I may not be alone in this.  I do remember now reading that other people couldn't find green elytras, in the game's MB on the X360 forums.  The lack of any widespread stink is not encouraging, though.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #132 on: Friday, May 11, 2007, 09:35:29 PM »
Yeah, I dunno'.  It's tough to figure out.  Really, both Morrowind and Oblivion were both substantially bug free for me.  Morrowind had the not-so-occasional CTD, but other than that, nothing at all that I can think of except one quest bug for a questline I really couldn't even complete anyway as my character was headed in another direction.  Oblivion... I can't think of hardly any other than falling through the environment once or twice.  I've read about plenty, but just haven't experienced any.  I still say that it's got to be extremely difficult to program a game where you can have practically any different set of variables going into any different situation.  That doesn't justify every bug, but... still, it has to be damned hard.

But you're right, going anywhere official is pointless and will get you nowhere.  It's a sad fact of life.  If there were direct channels to developers on this stuff, then maybe my PSP version of fucking Puzzle Quest, one of the best games I've played in years, wouldn't be completely broken.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野