Author Topic: Gamertags  (Read 2034 times)

Offline beo

• Veteran
Gamertags
« on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 02:44:50 AM »
just thought it might be an idea to repost gamertags, seeing as a bunch more of us have recently picked up the 360. might be good to have as a sticky...

mine is slothman82. i'm up for games of GoW, GRAW, PGR3, SF2, and lumines (excuse the acronyms).

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Gamertags
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 10:03:30 AM »
Mine's Mr JiPPi.

My gold subscription ends on Saturday though, but I'll probably be signing up for a year subscription if I get the chance to.

I'm up for Gears of War, and Rainbow Six: Vegas.  Those are really the only games that I have that have online gameplay worth playing.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 03:51:21 PM »
I'm HypnoticCoqui.  I haven't tried any online gaming yet.  I do have Lumines Live.  That may be interesting to try.

Other gamertags I've picked up from around here:

Quemaqua
hxcEddie
Wizall
Mr Joshy (Scary Tooth)
Mr JiPPi (iPPi)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 06:44:59 PM »
Yeah... I'm on there, but there's no fucking way I'm going to be paying for Gold, so I won't be able to play anything with anyone.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 11, 2007, 09:32:41 PM »
I think I'm just going to let my Gold trial expire, and see what Silver's like after that.  I've yet to even try to play with someone online.  I assume you can still get demos, trailers and stuff to buy.  They'd be cutting off revenue stream by taking any of those away from Silver.

I hooked the single network cable coming from my brother's router to the WAN port on my old wired Dlink router.  Then I connected the 360 and the PC I'm on right now to a couple of the Dlink's 4 out ports.  Worked right away, without doing anything else.  So if you can find a cheap router somewhere, you should be able to hook up your 360 without losing your PC's connection.

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 11, 2007, 10:17:36 PM »
Yea the only thing Gold offers is the ability to play online with other people from what I've been able to know.  You can stilll download XBL arcade games and stuff.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 28, 2007, 06:33:37 PM »
I just added all you guys, mine is PyroMenace naturally. If there are any more let me know.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 28, 2007, 08:14:30 PM »
I hooked the single network cable coming from my brother's router to the WAN port on my old wired Dlink router.  Then I connected the 360 and the PC I'm on right now to a couple of the Dlink's 4 out ports.  Worked right away, without doing anything else.  So if you can find a cheap router somewhere, you should be able to hook up your 360 without losing your PC's connection.
I found it funny you mentioned this.  I thought everyone had a SOHO type router behind their cable/DSL modem these days and it was common knowledge.  Guess not.

But yeah, that's pretty much routed networking for you there, Cobra.  The router has a DHCP server and most home computers as well as the 360 are set up by default to pick up an IP address from a DHCP server.  So they each get their IPs from the router, and then the router performs port address translation (most people call it network address translation but this isn't totally correct) to allow the two or more PCs to share the one routable IP address provided by your ISP.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 29, 2007, 01:31:46 AM »
Yeah, but the unusual thing here is that the net goes through two routers for me.  I gave my brother my Linksys to replace his crappy old 802.11b wireless router.  I get a wired line off of that into the WAN port of my DLink wired router, which then splits out 3 ways--2 PCs plus the 360.  I even have FTP and torrents working off of this on one PC, and the 360 works perfectly with XBL, but I have never been able to connect to the Test Drive Unlimited servers.  I get my achievements recorded, and my 1P race times ranked (I'm #76 in one of them--woo!--and like #15,000 in some others--bah!).  But no online multiplayer is possible.  I'm thinking there must be some ports I need to open up.  But then again, I know the demo connected to the servers at least once.  I totally trounced some guy in an instant challenge, and his tag was not "Steve" or any of the other simple names the bots get in the offline mode.  So I don't know what's up with that.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 30, 2007, 04:31:26 AM »
Xbox live uses TCP+UDP port 3074 and UDP port 88, so you'll probably want to open those in both routers.  On the main router you probably have to have traffic bound for those ports forwarded to the WAN IP of the internal router, and then on the internal router you forward those ports to the IP of your 360.  Static MAC address IP assignments can really help here.  You should just get a switch or something to make it easier. 

I realized I forgot to post my gamertag:  scottws