Author Topic: Fallout 3 (by BethSoft) THREAD  (Read 6843 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Fallout 3 (by BethSoft) THREAD
« on: Friday, January 19, 2007, 11:31:43 PM »
Todd Howard is not ruling the possibly of FO3 coming to the X360

Fallout 3 headed to Xbox 360? Not unlikely says Bethesda
19. January 2007

In an exclusive interview with the UK Official Xbox Magazine, Bethesda have revealed more details about Fallout 3, the legendary post-apocalyptic RPG franchise they took over in 2004.

And whilst the title has only been confirmed for the PC thus far, judging by the comments below, an official word on its Xbox 360 release could be imminent…

Speaking to Todd Howard (Executive producer of Oblivion, Morrowind and Fallout) with regard to Bethesda’s plans for 2007 and beyond, he told us; "We started work (on Fallout 3) in late 2004 with a few people. We only had about 10 people on it until Oblivion wrapped, but most of our staff is on it now." Is it wishful thinking that Fallout 3 will eventually be released on Microsoft’s next-gen machine? With the game itself utilising the same Gamebryo engine as Oblivion, perhaps not. And promised to be as huge and open-ended as their multi-award winning 2006 effort, demand for Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360 would be huge.

"We have pretty long preproduction phases on our stuff," continues Howard "doing concepts, design, building prototypes, and such. We should be ready soon to show it off, but we’ll see."

For more details and the full interview with Bethesda, check out issue 18 of the Official Xbox 360 Magazine, on sale from the 15th of February.

Original post by wraggster and software by Elliott Back
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 03:48:45 PM by MysterD »

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Fallout 3 (by BethSoft) possibly could be headed also to X360
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 01:04:06 AM »
I think its a given.

Wait... where have I said that before?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 07:33:33 AM »
I think its a given.

Wait... where have I said that before?

Mind's Eye, maybe...?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 20, 2007, 11:31:53 AM »

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 03:48:20 PM »
Ashley Cheng of BethSoft speaks on Fallout's past and a lil' on BethSoft's future

Saw this story about Fallout development. With Shivering Isles, Oblivion's expansion pack wrapping up soon, the team is ramping into production on Fallout. It's fun to see more press about it in publications -- the OXM with Shivering Isles on the cover has a sidebar about Fallout. It's one thing to pull the build off the network and experience our day to day work; there is something about seeing official press coverage that brings a new reality to our work. Personally, I think the worse thing a team can do while working on a game is believe its own press. Still you can't beat the feel good factor that comes with seeing people get excited about your work.

Fallout has always been a personal favorite. It was not a commercial success, only hard core gamers played it, and its one of those games that is highly coveted by game developers. Efforts to expand the game to a more mainstream audience, like the Xbox Brotherhood of Steel game, failed miserably. Much like the philosophy behind Superman Returns (which I watched last night on my Xbox HD-DVD), I prefer to pretend Fallout stopped after the 2nd game :)

I've played the first one several times through, played Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics (never finished Tactics). I started to play Brotherhood of Steel (the one for xbox) but was very disappointed.

If you happen to get the urge to play Fallout, here's one way of enjoying the best parts. Roll a character with a really high Luck, and forgo other stats. Then go to your options and crank all difficulty to easy -- essentially, reduce the time in combat. This will allow you to see some of the cool hidden encounters (high Luck) and experience all the atmosphere, characters and quests.

Offline ender

Re: Fallout 3 (by BethSoft) THREAD
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2007, 06:29:18 PM »
It better come toe XBOX 360. It better come sooner than later. I WANT IT NOW.

-Guy with Fallout Avatar

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 26, 2007, 03:52:41 PM »
Looks like Fallout 3 has been worked on for quite some time already, actually....

Finally, when asked about Bethesda's highly anticipated resurrection of the classic Fallout post-apocalyptic role-playing franchise, Hines was obviously coy: “We are a fairly good ways into the process. The team has ramped up, and it will be a little while longer. As is the case with all of our games, especially those of this scope, we don't really want to talk about them until they are in a state where we can show you, rather than having you simply picturing it in your minds eye.”

He added, simply: “Fallout is not a quick two year process, and we are already several years into the project.”
Hey Idol -- they gave your old Forum Minds Eye a mention. :P

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 08:26:20 PM »
Good news - Fallout 3 on Steam gets an update to drop G4WL, which people are happy about:
Destructoid - https://www.destructoid.com/fallout-3-games-for-windows-live-removed-steam-update-sale/

Bad News - Oh, and it also broke saves, FOSE and mods for now too; check the Steam Forums for FO3 for how people aren't happy about that part I just mentioned.