Author Topic: Party of the Year/The OWnet Meeting - NOW WITH PICS!  (Read 27767 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Party of the Year/The Overwritten Meeting
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 08:07:11 PM »
There's a reasonable place here that Pyro stayed in the first time he came here, and it's far from the only one.  There are plenty.  This one just happens to be close.  It seemed like an okay joint, didn't it Pyro?  I remember there being something funny... like the clerk didn't show up one morning or something... but I can't remember.

Haha yea I remember that. The clerk wasnt at the desk for one reason or another and it felt really vacant, so I said something along the lines of that it felt like a zombie horror movie. But yea, the place was pretty good, standard hotel fair, not like I was there much.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 12:13:30 AM »
I think if the people visiting stayed at a cheap motel together, it would make their trip far more awesome. That would mean everyone could be together for longer and stuff.

But that's just me.

I want to come so badly. :(

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 12:15:39 PM »
I'm coming. With or without Hoob. I need to get away from the Valley for a few days and this seems perfect.

btw im not such a jackass in person.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 01:20:41 PM »
You are an assjack.

And how will you survive without insulting Hoob? It is like your nourishment.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 06:48:02 PM »
I'm coming. With or without Hoob. I need to get away from the Valley for a few days and this seems perfect.

btw im not such a jackass in person.

And I'm not as prone to eating babies.

But are you serious about coming?  I don't know why, for some reason my first assumption was that you weren't.  Then I reread it and thought you actually were.  Now I'm just confused.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 07:49:31 PM »
yeah i'll come.. I've been going through some rough times here and I kinda need to get away.

You all should write hoob emails and have him come with me.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 09:19:12 PM »
We should.  Where's he been, anyway?

But yeah, you're welcome to join up.  It should be a good time, so it'd be a good excuse to get you away from home.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 11:02:08 PM »
If we get enough people I think a motel would be a decent idea. Just remember those things get expensive fast (especially up here) and I think a few like to make sure you don't cram too many people in there. We may have to break some of you up so Que would house what he can, I would, then the rest in the rented room.

Of course, we'll figure out the details when we have more info.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, February 15, 2007, 11:07:10 PM »
So people at my work are taking this week off, which may theoretically present a problem.  I'm going to put in for the first week of April tomorrow.  If we change the time I can always just cancel it.  But the sooner I know something for sure, the better.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 01:50:15 AM »
Well I have a bit of an update, my manager said it was cool if I take the time off if we aren't doing are department remodel then.  I'm thinking we won't be, if we are I will have to come out later this year, I won't get to meet everyone else but I could still see Que and Sy, this is only if we are doing the remodel though.  If there is no remodel in the works, then my only issue will be money, if I am thinking my bonus in March is going to be as big as I think it is, it seems very likely that money won't be an issue.  So early March I should have a little more of an update hopefully, if I can't make it April, I will still be able to make it later this year, maybe in the summer like Sy suggested.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, February 17, 2007, 02:01:45 AM »
Okay, I totally thought I posted about it, but I guess not.  I got the week off, so I'm good to go.  Julia said we can house somebody (probably Pyro because she's already comfortable having him around, unless he wanted to go somewhere else), and we *might* be able to house one more person.  It's yet to be figured out.  But we might.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, February 18, 2007, 10:47:04 PM »
Me me me! or something. Like I said...I dont need anything fancy, and I can even bring my own sleeping bag. I just cant afford a hotel.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #52 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 02:36:01 AM »
Well, if you plain can't afford one, I'll definitely push for it.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #53 on: Monday, February 19, 2007, 02:46:51 AM »
As would I.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 03:29:13 PM »
Things are looking grim, I don't think I'm going to be able go unless some kind of money fairy gives me more money.  Even with my bonus in March, with me wanting to move and having to get a car I don't think I'm going to have the extra money to go out there for a few days, I thought I was going to have the money, but my parents just asked me for help with some bills and it drained a good chunk of money I was setting aside.  If something turns up for the better and it looks more plausible, I'll let you guys know but for now things are kinda fucked.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 03:46:45 PM »
sell some body parts you dont need
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 06:48:34 PM »
sell some body parts you dont need

He makes a good point.  You've got 2 of all kinds of stuff you only really need one of.  Besides, chicks think eye patches are sexy.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 10:06:15 PM »
Sucks dude.  If you're not willing to part with some of your flesh, I guess we'll have to do it another time.  But we aren't going anywhere, so I'm sure we'll see you at some point.

Any updates from anybody else?  The more info the better.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
My family flaked on their trip, so I dont have that to worry about. I'm still on for first week of April if I've got a place to sleep.

Also, pyro working on tickets? Otherwise I'm sure I can fly southwest for $200 round trip or something.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 10:58:55 PM »
You should be cool here.  Julia's expecting you to stay with us.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 11:01:54 PM »
Also, pyro working on tickets? Otherwise I'm sure I can fly southwest for $200 round trip or something.

Check Jetblue.  They have always had the best prices when I go down to Florida, I'm not sure if they go out to San Fran, but I'd check it out.  They have the best flight service, too.  Unlimited food/drink, TV's with all kinds of content on each person's individual seat, automated check-in/check-out, and massive legroom for goliaths like myself.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 11:28:40 PM »
They go to San Fran...but not from Chicago. What kind of crap is that? Oh well, I did a different CA city just to see general cost and it was $200 each way. Southwest doesnt go to SF either...san jose was the closest.

I checked United for the hell of it. I can get on at Rockford, which would rule...but more expensive. Plus theres a stop in denver.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 11:34:14 PM »
Does anything go to Oakland?  That's the closest airport.  Pyro had to come in at Sacramento last time he came out, which is doable.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 11:51:53 PM »
I'll look. I meant to ask what airport would be best...heh.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2007, 12:04:17 AM »
Ok, JetBlue goes to Oakland, $200 each way.
Southwest I can get $150 each way at certain times.

And for the hell of it, I checked Amtrak. Is the Emeryville train station not far? I take it it's not since they'd have me get on a buss for 15 minutes from there to the oakland station. But train tickets would only be $142.00 each way. If pyro cant get the tickets, I'd probably do that. My cousin said she had a blast on her train trip.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2007, 12:17:44 AM »
Emeryville train station is totally doable (probably moreso than taking that bus to the Oakland station). I used to live literally next door to the thing. Now that I've moved, I'm like ten minutes away. It's actually way easier than going to the airport.

If you think you can dig a long train trip, that's a cool option.

Sucks about the news, Tet. Like Que said, we're not going anywhere so the offer will stand if you want to come at a later date.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2007, 09:27:10 AM »
I'm still on. I'll be staying at a motel nearby and it would be aces if you guys could recommend a place? Also, I think I'll be spending a day going up to San Francisco to visit an old friend.

Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2007, 01:19:31 PM »
I'm still game.  I'll be visiting some friends in LA and my Dad in Arizona on the same trip though.  Are we going with the last week in March  or the First week in April?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2007, 08:56:59 PM »
Unless anything's changed, April.  That's the week I have off, anyway, so if something's changed you people better let me know quick!

Keebs, if you want something cheapish right in my neighborhood (nothing fancy) you could stay where Pyro did the first time he visited.  It's even closer to us now than it was when he stayed there.  I don't really know about nicer stuff, though.  Most of the places around here are kinda'... whatever.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2007, 11:55:09 PM »
The ticket thing isnt as cheap as originally thought it was. I think it would cost Idol 140$ round trip, plus you'd have to fly on standby which can be dicey. I'm gonna talk to my dad about it and get specifics.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, March 01, 2007, 12:37:55 AM »
OK, good to know. The train is looking like a pretty sweet option so far. Pack a cooler full of sandwiches, a bunch of entertainment (DS, cameras, books, MP3 player), and just chill on the train for 2 days. $284-318 round trip (depends on what day I leave to come home).

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 05:22:19 PM »
So maybe we should nail down some actual dates. So Que, what day would you like for me to arrive, and what day should I leave? Then I can order my tickets and junk. I've decided to take the train, should be a blast.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 05:37:21 PM »
Excellent.  Well, firstly we have to establish just what's happening.  I *think* it's going down with Pyro staying here and you staying with Sy.  If either you or Pyro have an actual preference though, just say so (I know Pyro's been with us once and didn't see Sy at all the first time, he might want a change of scenery).  Case in point, I'm pretty sure we'll have one of you at each place.  Keebs already said he was getting a room, and I think Ant said he was as well?  I don't think we could house anyone else here just because Julia's not too familiar with anyone else.  She knows Pyro and has seen/heard a lot more of/about idol (who also buttered her up with Christmas presents), but she doesn't know much about the others guys around here.

Anyway, let's establish that first, then we'll work on dates.  I assume already that I'm providing Pyro with transportation to either my place or Sy's, and that's cool.  Sy will be getting you, idol, because he used to live like 2 minutes from the train station and it's still close to his new place.

Ant, are you going to be needing transport?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 05:42:34 PM »
I'm cool staying wherever, so pyro can make his preference.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 05:44:18 PM »
Man its starting to get close. I guess I better request for that PTO for the first week of April. Kinda feel unprepared, Im still worried about finding a place to live by the end of May. I still must not miss this.

I dont mind if its at Sy's if him and Aimee are comfortable. Besides I'm curious to see his new place.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 05:45:36 PM »
Damn, I really need to get that second X360 controller so we can do some coop Gears of War!

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 05:49:55 PM »
I'll bring my 360 controller with.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 06:05:31 PM »
I'll be staying in the cheapest motel/inn i can find. I have the first week of april off from work so i guess then?

Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 06:45:59 PM »
I say get here when you all can during that first week, including the weekend before. I actually have Fridays off, so if it's how things work out I can pick people up then if you showed up (that goes for you too, Pyro, if you end up in Sacramento on Friday).

So, did you two actually decide where you'd rather be, Pyro and Idol? Maybe they can't decide, we can swap at some point, Que?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 07:11:24 PM »
Yeah, we could do that too if anybody gets bored at one place or the other.  I mean, I suspect we'll all be hanging out a lot anyway so I don't think it's going to be particularly important.  We'll probably just end up dogpiling into alternating pads while we do stuff that isn't "out" stuff.