Author Topic: Party of the Year/The OWnet Meeting - NOW WITH PICS!  (Read 27763 times)

Offline Antares

• Veteran
Re: Party of the Year/The Overwritten Meeting
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 08:01:33 PM »
I'll be taking the whole first week in april off, possibly another day or two as well, but I'll most likely only be in SF for 2 or 3 days depending how everything works out.  I'll have my car with me so transportation shouldn't be a problem as long as I know where I'm going and parking isn't an issue.  Like keeb, I plan to be staying in a cheap motel type place.

If anyone local could help out with some addresses/phone #s/websites for these places I'd appreciate it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »
Like I said I'm fine staying wherever. Pyro has been before so I'll let him choose where he wants to stay and I'll stay at the other place. Switching places would be fine as well if you all want to do that. Of course like you said it'll mostly be just for sleeping anyway.

I'm checking out Amtrak and figuring out some good dates to travel. I've got 2 days each way on the train itself...so I've got that to consider. The train arrives everyday at 5pm, so that cuts most of the first day out. And leaving I get on at 9am. So you have most of those days free of me if that matters to anyone.  I can arrive Sunday evening and leave Saturday morning if thats fine. I mean, I don't want to overstay my welcome...you know, the guest that wouldn't leave. So let me know what sounds good for you guys.

*EDIT*

Looks like its an extra $30 if I leave (to come home)Saturday morning. So leaving either Friday or Sunday would be better.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, March 04, 2007, 09:00:54 PM »
I'm cool with whatever you decide.  If you leave a little earlier, I can put the time to good use doing a variety of things I always have to do.  If you stay longer, we get to have you around longer.  Every time Pyro's come out it's always a total bummer when he has to go since we always have so much damn fun.  So don't worry about overstaying or anything.  I'm sure we'll have a good time, and there should be plenty to do... especially if we end up setting you up with Warhammer crap, haha.  You can bet Sy is going to do everything in his power to get you painting or playing somehow.  =)  And between the two of us, we have probably at least half the video games ever made.  Not to mention there's the bay area itself, which... well, they tell me there's stuff to do here, anyway.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 02:18:45 PM »
So I was talking it over with the family here what a potential schedule would look like. I can leave Wed, the 28th and arrive there Fri, 30th of March (5pm). Since I have no idea when I'll get to go back I'd like to spend some time there, so I figured I'd leave to come back home Fri, 6th April (9am). This has the added bonus of me getting back home for Easter, which my mom would really like.

So just for you guys, I'd get there Fri 30th of March at 5pm and leave April 6th at 9am. Is this ok? Think it over, let me know. If its cool I'll buy my tickets this weekend.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 06:53:49 PM »
It *should* be okay.  Julia's actually getting a little freaked out about this whole thing because we potentially have a disability hearing sometime near the OWmeet, and she's ultra stressed about a lot of stuff.  But I think it'll be fine once you're here and I'll be pulling a lot of the weight as far as food and stuff goes when we eat here (which I imagine will be breakfast a lot... then we'll probably eat out a bunch of times, and then probably have a few big nights of eating homemade food at somebody's house... like burgers or a big stew or something).  She's even considering taking a brief vacation with her folks for part of the week just to get her head screwed on straight.  Poor thing.

Anyway, that should be cool.  Like you said, who knows when you'll be able to get back out, so make the most of it. If absolute worse comes to worse, I can always just force Sy to house you for an extra day or so.  But I doubt that'll be necessary.  When Pyro was here Julia and I were both sad when he left just because we got used to having him around, heh.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 07:15:09 PM »
Ok, if you're sure. I mean I dont have to come in that early if its a problem. I can come in on Sunday if thats better.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 10:42:10 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn'y worry about it. I can house two of you if needed for some extra time. Aimee's actually taking off mid-week for a conference, which means we can turn this place into a No Girls fort if needed.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 11:16:11 PM »
Yeah, I'll just pawn you off on Sy for a day or two if things get weird.  It should be fine either way.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, March 08, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »
Hooray!

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 06:56:21 PM »
I've been meaning to put this out for a few days now and keep forgetting.

If any of you who are coming know of something in particular that you want to go to or see while you're here, let us know and we'll make whatever arrangement that might need to be made.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #90 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 07:04:46 PM »
Can't really think of anything in particular. I'd just like to get near the Golden Gate bridge to snap some pics...thats about it.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #91 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 07:19:31 PM »
We should take a trip up that stupid crazy little narrow thing that runs up the side there by the Marin headlands.  Best spot in the universe for picture taking, which I guess is why there's eight bazillion people there all the time.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #92 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 07:24:11 PM »
lets go get some seafood at Fishermans Wharf
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #93 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 07:46:29 PM »
Que and I sorta talked about going on a picture trip for you in particular, Idol. I was thinking we could go to Treasure Island (the island between SF and the East Bay) because you can get all sorts of neat shots. It wouldn't be to hard to go there and then head to the Golden Gate. Heck, we could even stop by the Wharf for Keebs, then go to the other side of the Bridge for Idol... parking will be a bitch at the Whark though and I don't imagine we'll fit in one car.

We'll figure something out, but it sounds like the makings of a day.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #94 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 07:56:48 PM »
Sweet...

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #95 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 10:06:42 PM »
*sigh* I don't know what my plans may hold in the next couple days, but I'm getting doubtful.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #96 on: Monday, March 12, 2007, 11:44:25 PM »
You don't think you'll be able to make it you mean?   :(

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2007, 10:07:18 AM »
That sucks, pyro. Hopefully you can still make it.

On a positive note, I just purchased my tickets!

Service: 5 California Zephyr
Duration: 52h 59m

<Departs>
  Chicago - Union Station, IL (CHI)
  28-MAR-07; 1:50 pm

<Arrives>
  Emeryville, CA (EMY)
  30-MAR-07; 4:49 pm

And return trip:

Service: 6 California Zephyr
Duration: 52h 15m

<Departs>
  Emeryville, CA (EMY)
  06-APR-07; 9:15 am

<Arrives>
  Chicago - Union Station, IL (CHI)
  08-APR-07; 3:30 pm

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2007, 10:12:38 AM »
We should have a  BBQ. BBQ's are always fun!
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2007, 12:09:19 PM »
Okay so I will be taking off early Monday morning from my home and driving up. I think it will take around 6-7 hours. I'm aiming to be on the road around 4-5 a.m so I should get there around the time you guys will be waking up. I'll be staying until Saturday night then I gotta run back home.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2007, 01:17:35 PM »
OK now you guys can wire his car.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2007, 01:32:23 PM »
I hate you.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2007, 09:47:35 PM »
Alright, so I'll pick you up since Que will probably be at work, Idol.

And Keebs, you're driving up from LA? Right? If you take off around 5AM on a Saturday you'll probably get in around 11AM assuming you don't take a very long break for gas and such and you don't push the speed limit too much. Have you made the drive before? Generally I do that about once every six weeks, but I tend to leave later in the day when I'm coming back from LA.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2007, 11:28:08 PM »
Everything sounds good.  Yeah, I'll be at work that Friday, so it's up to Sy for transportation.  Also, Julia's gonna' be gone at least one day out of the week, so anybody over here is gonna' be stuck here unless Sy comes over to take us places.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 12:13:52 AM »
I smell day-long Gears of War co-op....

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 02:05:09 AM »
Hey on your way there can you pick up some groceries? I think Sirean is short on milk while Que needs some eggs.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 02:08:40 AM »
If something happens and I can't go, be prepared to witness a new serial killer on the prowl through your local media news channels.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 06:29:30 AM »
Will he be a flaming head of doom?

And day-long GoW fun sounds like... what I've been wanting to do pretty much since I finished the game.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 06:57:22 AM »
If something happens and I can't go, be prepared to witness a new serial killer on the prowl through your local media news channels.

If you must then be useful. Start with Hilary Clinton, Jack Thompson and Bono. Of course if you had that much time you'd go to the meet. Oh and Sirean better put that camera to good use. Those of us who can't make it must see some pics damnit!

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 07:47:57 AM »
Alright, so I'll pick you up since Que will probably be at work, Idol.

And Keebs, you're driving up from LA? Right? If you take off around 5AM on a Saturday you'll probably get in around 11AM assuming you don't take a very long break for gas and such and you don't push the speed limit too much. Have you made the drive before? Generally I do that about once every six weeks, but I tend to leave later in the day when I'm coming back from LA.

yeah i made the drive up to san francisco a few years back. i think i made it in about 5 hours but yeah i was pushing the speed limit haha
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 06:28:17 PM »
Heh, I have a friend who regularly does it in like 4.  I don't know how he hasn't gotten arrested yet.  He's an idiot.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 07:30:09 PM »
Yeah. I don't like to push it myself. Even though I generally like to make the trip in the dead of night, 82-84mph is my sweet spot and 90mph is my burst limit. I figure at that speed I make good time, but there are plently of crazies zooming down the highway to get tickets before me.

Plus, my little Civic maxes out around 100-110mph, so I don't want to push it too hard.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 10:21:27 PM »
*whew* Psychotic death rampage of firey doom averted. Looks like I'll get my days. So I'll try to fly in on Saturday and I'll be able to stay till Friday.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 10:28:13 PM »
RAWK

You realize you must bring Orks and you will paint.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 10:32:05 PM »
I havent even painted my nobz, just a few of the boyz. Im a slacker.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 10:35:55 PM »
I am brining money for paint-y stuff. Should I get a mini here and bring it, or will we go to the hobby shop there one day?

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 11:05:30 PM »
Heh. Going to a hobby shop is really easy around here so it might be fun to wait. Don't worry about supplies, we'll cover you (same goes for you Pyro).

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 11:15:37 PM »
Yeah.  Julia and I basically just became more or less self-sufficient for almost everything (not quite, but almost), so either place we go there should be supplies for all.  Good fun.  I might even buy some crazy new giant thing to commemorate the special occasion.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 07:12:12 PM »
Okay, so we know when Pyro and Idol will be here, what about Ant and Keebs?  I'd like to know just so we can start trying to figure out some stuff.  Food, mostly.  Julia said she's willing to do up to two meals with everybody, and I'll be helping her out with that, so we'll probably do something like burgers and hotdogs or lasagna or something.  Something easy to do for a big group.  Then I figure we'll do another meal (maybe two) over at Sy's, so that's three or four covered.  If we assume we've got seven days to cover in total, that leaves three or four more.  I figure we go out another three nights just to restaurants or whatever, so that only leaves us with one or two meals keft, and in those cases maybe we can just eat separately or something.  I dunno'.

Thoughts?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 07:19:28 PM »
I'm not too particular into details. I'm brining $20 a day for food/meals. So I can pitch in when we make stuff.

If I could, I'd pack my waffle maker...haha.