Author Topic: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning/Re-Reckoning  (Read 31238 times)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning -> Update: 8 page article on 38 Studios & BHG
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, September 06, 2018, 03:48:19 PM »
THQ Nordic buys-out Amular property.
They are also taking both KoA: Reckoning and the 38 Studios' unfinished "Copernicus" Amular MMO.

More from PCG in the link below:
https://www.pcgamer.com/thq-nordic-buys-kingdoms-of-amalur-license-from-38-studios/

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning -> Update: THQ Nordic buys the IP (Reply 80)
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 07:03:09 PM »
GameInformer - Info on what it would take for Nordic to do a KOA: Reckoning Remaster.

Anyone looking for KOA: Reckoning Remaster...
THQ Nordic has to talk to EA, if they (Nordic) were to do one and come to some kind of agreement on things w/ EA.
While Nordic owns the IP, EA still currently holds all of the publishing rights for anything KOA: Reckoning related.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning -> Update: THQ Nordic buys the IP (Reply 80)
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, July 07, 2020, 03:15:41 PM »
Kingdoms of Amular: Re-Reckoning (Remastered) & also new expansion (Fatesworn) info:
https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdoms-of-amalur-re-reckoning-delay-september-8-fatesworn-dlc-expansion

Info:
- KOA: RR (base package) is coming Sept. 8th, 2020 to PC, X1, PS4.
- KOA: RR will contain KOA:R base game & the 2 main content DLC's (Dead Kel & Teeth of Naros).
- This version will also come with "improved graphical fidelity."
- A brand new expansion pack/DLC called Fatesworn is also coming in 2021.
- Fatesworn expansion can be bought separately or in the (complete) Fate Edition.
- KOA:RR: Fate Edition will contain KOA:RR (base package) & Fatesworn DLC altogether.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning -> Update: Re-Reckoning Remastered info
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, July 09, 2020, 12:15:30 PM »
The trailer was pretty bad.. It was all pre-rendered CG with no gameplay at all. Not even a remaster vs original comparison.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning/Re-Reckoning
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, September 08, 2020, 02:06:30 PM »
Vaguely interested in this since I never played it, but not likely to jump on it any time soon given bugs and the price.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning/Re-Reckoning
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, September 09, 2020, 04:35:53 PM »
@Que

Yeah, I'm not jumping either. If it had Fatesworn out-the-box Day 1 ready-to-play, I might be intrigued. I'm thinking that...maybe they should've waited in 2021 to release this KOA:RR w/ Fatesworn included?

I'm always curious about remasters, remakes and stuff - but, to really entice me, I want like new extra content too. Fatesworn looks like...that. I'm curious how big and how good that might be. And also wonder...if THQ might do more DLC's.

For Titan Quest: Anniversary - they have two expansions now: Ragnarok DLC and Atlantis DLC. And those were well-received.

So, I hope this same strayegy does well w/ KOA:RR here w/ Fatesworn...and whatever else they plan to do after.

I'm also curious how this KOA:RR Remaster game's Very Hard mode, since they did add one. They also changed the zoning, level-locking, and whatnot too - so you don't over-power the game too fast, in this new version.

In the old version - with so many side-quests, you can over-power the old version easy, even on Hard. So, yeah - definitely would like to see what this Remaster might be like on Very Hard.