Author Topic: I am drunk  (Read 2519 times)

Offline PyroMenace

I am drunk
« on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 02:31:06 AM »
After two days after promising myself I wouldnt drink... I drank the last two nights. Only because my best friend keeps buying me beer... I told him that I need to stop drinking but it put him off a bit and now hes like buying me beer to keep going. Damnit, I didnt know he would care so much.

I wanted to stop because my moods have been all over the place since I've been drinking about 3 times a week and I've been more bitchy than keebs... seriously. Today at work when I first came in, I wanted to kill myself 3 times over, then a couple hours later I was fine. I come back from work and my friend brings a 12 pack and wants to hang out and watch a movie. 6 beers later and a shot of vodka and I am lit right now and a little worried because its only a matter of time now before I'll wish I was dead again. I know my friend means the best intentions when he wants to hangout, but I dont think he has any idea what hes really doing to me. I'm a nice guy, and I'll cave easily to some beer with a friend, but from my last experiences of the last month, I need to stop. I've become irritable, depressed, and damn near close to suicidal. I know I've posted some stuff about my depression, whether people want to judge it to be real or not, the fact is, I sometimes can't handle it when I get really down. I don't know what to do, I blame it all on my goddamn indecision problem.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
Re: I am drunk
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 02:35:24 AM »
 >:( can i call your "friend" and talk to him about it?  seriously.  that's dumb.
Taken.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 09:19:45 AM »
Seriously, that isn't cool.  If this shit is bad for you there's no way he should be pressuring you about it.  And you need to stay strong and tell him no next time.  Just take a break.  You don't have to stop drinking forever, you don't have to never drink again, you just need to take a break and ease off.  If you have a drink, don't get plastered.  Just have a beer or two.  And if you can, just don't drink at all for a while.  The last thing you need is to end up with an alcohol addiction (which this may not be... probably just because your friend keeps hoisting it on you).  So just explain to him the seriousness of it, and if he still doesn't get it I'll personally come out there and beat him in the fucking face until he gets the picture.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »
Alcohol addiction is all mental.  Just stick to your guns and lay off the bottle for a little bit.  There's nothing wrong with a few drinks now and then but if you feel like you're getting in too deep, take a break.

I have this twisted pride issue, so when I get "addicted" to something (ie. drink too much, smoke too much, etc...) I force myself to stop cold turkey to try and prove something to myself, I guess.  I actually started smoking cigarettes with the intention of getting addicted so I could cut myself off one day to never go back.  Like I said, a tad twisted, but it works wonders if you have a tough guy complex like yours truly.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 10:57:24 AM »
That's idiotic of your friend.  >:(

The best thing is to tell your friend what you told. If he doesn't understand after that then find another friend.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 17, 2006, 08:37:52 PM »
Bleh, no friend should force you into drinking.  He's just one of those people who can't do anything without drinking.  I've got a buddy like that, unfortunately the only solution I've come up with is to limit the amount of times I hang out with the guy to an amount of times in a given period that I don't mind drinking along with him.