Author Topic: Mnemic  (Read 16338 times)

Offline PyroMenace

Mnemic
« on: Sunday, September 10, 2006, 07:26:52 PM »
I just discovered this band, Ive been listening to songs they got on their myspace page. Its nothing all too complex but they change up riffs enough to sound interesting. If I were to compare them to some metal bands it would be Strapping Young Lad, Darkane, Fear Factory, maybe even some Rob Zombie. Anyone else heard of them?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Mnemic
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 01:22:16 AM »
Definite industrial edge.  A bit more contemporary.  I sort of heard them a while ago, but not really very much.  I'd say this falls into the kind of thing that is moving farther away from my own preferences, though not so far that I find it unlistenable.  It's the kind of thing that goes down okay when it's blasting away at rapid tempos and full-focus assaults, but really loses something when it slows down a pace or two.  I think that's fairly apparent just from the tracks on their myspace page.

So yeah, it's roughly in the same category as Fear Factory, but I'd have to say I definitely prefer Darkane when it comes to this kind of thing.  I'm not sure what they do that makes them more listenable to me, but for some reason Darkane is one of the few bands doing this kind of thing that I can actually get into.

But Mnemic has some driving riffage, so I can definitely see where some people could dig them.  Especially fans of more modern Fear Factory.  Maybe even Diesel or Pantera... though that's a bigger maybe.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野