I suspect they're prospectively planning a second expansion as well
The main clue being "NX1," will there be "NX2" hmm? And lvl 30 cap makes me think that a second expansion would cap at lvl 40 (the lvl cap in both NWN1 expansions).
Yeah, NX1 gave it away to me, too. It sounds like they might be doing a NX2, just by the sound of that "NX1"; heh.
Yeah, I do bet if there's a "NX2", yuh -- level 40 will probably cap it off.
I really appreciate that. I hope they will always be able to support the game as well as they have so far.
They have done a good job of supporting it for the community -- especially w/ adding things the community wants.
They wanted more camera features and stuff -- 1.03 added it.
They wanted mroe on-screen toolbars -- 1.04 gave it to them.
They want more AI enchancements, well 1.05 will give it to them -- when they re-release it!
I don't get that.. It takes place right after the end of NWN2, same character, but it's independent of the NWN2 story? Is it gonna be like the Hero mysteriously disappeared into the midst of a new conflict and gets too busy to relate to the turmoil that preceded the expansion?
I dunno, but they did say this.....
Kevin: While the story in Mask of the Betrayer is connected to Neverwinter Nights 2, you don’t have to have played the expansion – the story stands alone, but players who have gone through the NWN2 campaign will recognize some references that occur in NX1.
So, to me, this sounds A LOT like what was said about NWN: Hordes by Bioware in their previews, actually. Though, Hordes had a good deal of references to the original campaign and SOU campaign. You didn't really NEED to play those games to follow the Hordes story itself, but the past NWN references were there, especially w/ the returning NPC's and stuff. And if you don't often get the references, they will be explained -- usually in brief -- by some object, whether it's a NPC telling you the story (like Aribeth does in Hordes, telling you of what happened to her in NWN: OC and afterwards to how she got sent to the Cold part of the 9 Hells)
NWN2 Ending linked w/ NWN2: Mask, possibly???
[spoiler]
I really hope it directly linked to the King of Shadows, and that killing him is what started the mysterious events of the expansion.. I hope the "Mask of the Betrayer" has something to do with what happened to hero who became the King of Shadows.
I bet regardless if you start as a new hero for NWN2: Mask OR continue as a character from NWN2: Original, that character
is the King of Shadows.
Hell, you become the King Of Shadows at the end of NWN2?!?!?! Oh shit...I didn't know that!
That sounds almost as dark as the DS2 ending...[/spoiler]