Ummm, whoa.....this is different; especially for an FPS. The open-ended nature of the game and game-world. I wish more FPS's would be this ambitious, myself.
So far, I like it. Wow -- I got this game on High settings; runs great and looks pretty damn good. Especially on the artistic front, since it's not the best technically. Though, it's good, technically. Now, this is w/ Patch 1.0003 installed and all. I might crank up some more settings, since it is running 50-60 Frames, no problem on High on 1024x768.
Already, have hit a few unforgettable moments, so far.
Ambushed!
[spoiler]After doing the first quest to kill the guys @ the park and then return the info to the trader, I was leaving the mini-town. Three guys w/ machine guns were walking by. I had nothing armed; just the bolts. And well, they just opened fire. No time to react -- good night and Game over.[/spoiler]
Wounded Fox
[spoiler]I came up to Wounded Fox. Of course, saved the game -- just in case. Talked to him. I had no Medkit, so he wouldn't give me any info. So I figured, what if I slayed him, since he won't tell me? (If that didn't work, I could always reload my last save). Killed him, took his PDA. Looked that over. Now, I'm on my way to meet up w/ some other guy who might know where Strelok is.[/spoiler]
The Guy Says He Who Works For The Trader, But Doesn't
[spoiler]
So, for The Trader, I'm supposed to kill off this guy saying he works The Trader, yet he doesn't. So, I find this guy -- and he's already having it out, in a shootout, w/ other bandits![/spoiler]
So far, so good.