Damn, this game is absolutely awesome....
...despite I think I hit a broken quest bug....
Duty & Freedom Factions Go To War!!!
[spoiler]Simply put, this quest has to have one of the best and biggest firefights I've been in, in an FPS. It feels like a firefight you would have in MP Team Deathmatch game w/ you and your friends against some other team (of enemies).
So, going through the Dark Valley, I ran into a group of Duty members. The lead duty member was there, standing over some dead Freedom members. I spoke to the Duty guy, Skull. He told me to keep my mouth and I agreed to -- or else. I didn't want to cross Duty, since I got a bunch of other pending quests from them to do. So, Skull offered me to follow him at a Farmstead.
At the farmstead, loaded w/ other Duty members, he offered me a Quest to infiltrate Freedom's base. Take out a sniper. Did that. Got rewarded.
Then, he decided it was time to get "the party started" and attack the base! He wanted me to take out all snipers and then the leader, Lukash. Him and his people attacked the base w/ me. What a huge firefight at that huge base!! Tough as hell. We wiped them all out; but all of the Duty people got wiped out, too.
So, when I went back to the Duty Farmstead, nobody was there so I could finish the quest -- since they all got killed and all. I smell a broken quest, 'cause Skull is not back at the Farmstead. Did he die??? Blah @ this causing a broken quest!
Here's what was really cool, given the A-Life AI System and all. So, suddenly, I walk out of the farmstead. Out of nowhere, a group of Loners arrived and decided to make that Farmstead their new home, since all of Duty got wiped out. They just started chilling there, playing music, and junk. TOO FREAKIN' COOL.
I love this game!
[/spoiler]
EDIT:
One thing I found odd, is that even though most of STALKER has Subtitles, STALKER doesn't have any Subtitles for any of the Pre-Rendered Videos!
Well, one mod changed that.
And, you can now even watch Videos from a new "Videos Option" the modder added to the Main MENU Area.
All you need to do is rip this RAR file right in your STALKER folder and you're all set.
Video CC Version 1.11 MOD