Author Topic: Best action movie of all time?  (Read 24550 times)

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
Re: Best action movie of all time?
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 03:35:35 AM »
Die hard I think.. and this other asian film..

i would never have put gladiator, braveheart, robin hood, Lotr under action.. strange.. I love/hate gladiator, same story with braveheart.

Taken.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, October 05, 2006, 02:56:52 PM »
I think Braveheart is excellent.  But I hated Gladiator.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, October 05, 2006, 03:13:37 PM »
I just watched Crank. I think of it as a sex/drugs/violence orgy. Sure the action was great, but it's all built on a &$%*ing stupid base.

When I first saw the trailer it said that he was injected with a crazy Chinese toxin that will kill him unless he keeps his adrenaline levels up. The first question that came to my mind was "How did that happen to him?" The movie answers that in a petty retarded way. You see this right in the intro of the movie so I don't think it's a spoiler. Basically a bunch of guys wanted to kill him so they snuck into his apartment while he was asleep and they injectd him with it. A retarded monkey could figure that it's a fairly stupid premise. If you wanted to inject him with something to kill him (as oppose to actually killing him while he's asleep) why not use the classic tried & true shit?? Cyanide, hell even rat poison would have done it! The man was knocked out!

(click to show/hide)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, October 05, 2006, 04:10:04 PM »
Haha no kidding.  Why kill him slow when you could do something right then?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #44 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 12:41:48 AM »
I don't know... I wouldn't list many of the movies you guys talk about as action. Like Braveheart is probably my all time favorite movie, but I wouldn't call it an action movie.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #45 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 12:20:18 PM »
Yeah me neither.. I'd put Gladiator, Braveheart, Troy, and Kingdom of Heaven in the same category, whatever it is.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #46 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 01:55:42 PM »
Historical epics I guess.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #47 on: Friday, October 06, 2006, 02:27:10 PM »
Right, I don't think of them as "action movies" either.  But that doesn't mean someone else does.

Personally, when I think of what an action movie is, I think of Commando, Rambo, Predator, Die Hard... stuff like that.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, October 07, 2006, 02:23:03 AM »
Yeah exactly.. Like "constant heart-pumping action ride" kinda movies!

I think Epic or Historic Epics, as Pug said, probably applies best to Braveheart and Gladiator.

Man, I just remembered Alexander.. Man I hated that movie! They destroyed the charactrer of one of my personal heroes! All of a sudden Alexander the Great is a timid, unconfident weeny, who alway cries to his mama?! What the Hell man?! Alexander was young and bad ass! And he probably didn't squint as often as Colin Farrell! Though Angelina was hot as ever. That was just about the only good thing in that movie.