Author Topic: zomfg...  (Read 991 times)

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
zomfg...
« on: Saturday, March 31, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »
So I bought an Xbox Live Gold Subscription card a couple days ago, and I didn't get around to activating it until today.

As I was scratching off the stuff covering the code, I guess I was using too sharp an object, so I was scratching the code off as well!  This is a $60 card and the code means everything.  I realized I accidentally I scratched off about 5 of the 25 alphanumeric code!  In a panic, I phoned Xbox support and they were like, "we can't help you with that; we've received these complaints before but you'll have to take it back to the store with a receipt and hope they will exchange it for you."  I did a quick check online, and it really depends on whether they're nice or not, since they don't know if you're trying to fraud them.

Anyway, I take a really close look at the 5 scratched off digits, and manage to guess with certainty two of them, one of them I was sure of it being one or the other, one's bottom of the I could guess, and one was completely scratched off.  After several iterations, I managed to guess the code.

Phew.

Note to self and to all: use a dull object to scratch the cover of and be careful not to scratch the code off.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: zomfg...
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 01, 2007, 01:35:41 AM »
Holy shit. I've done stuff like that before but never with anything that expensive.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Re: zomfg...
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 02, 2007, 04:29:43 AM »
Jennie did the same thing with a iTunes card.  I think she used a coin though.  It should't be so easy to scratch the numbers off.