Author Topic: Pantera  (Read 12333 times)

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
Pantera
« on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 11:06:26 PM »
Just grabbed Pantera's discography.  Up until now, I've only known a handful of stuff they've done.  I've always liked it, but shit I'm loving the rest of their stuff.

I can't stop listening to their live disc, Official Live: 101 Proof -- it's quite possibly one of the greatest live acts put to disc.  If you know Pantera, you'll know it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but Christ, this is some hard, energetic shit.

Any takers?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Pantera
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 11:10:20 PM »
I've always been a pretty middle of the road Pantera fan.  What they do they do like no other, but it isn't something I can listen to all the time.  I have to be in a mood for that kind of thing (like Crowbar or Diesel Machine, etc.).  That said, Vulgar Display of Power and Far Beyond Driven are two of the greatest, punchiest metal albums ever.  A real shame that Dimebag got shot.  He was a true talent in the overcrowded world of metal guitarists.  He was a fucking weirdo, but he could play like nobody's business.  Did some interesting side stuph.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 11:10:40 PM »
I love Pantera and have actually seen them live, fucking awesome show.  I highly enjoy Cowboys From Hell and Far Beyond Driven the most out of all their albums.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 11:12:24 PM »
Yeah, I've really only given the live album and Far Beyond Driven full listens so far, but these are two awesome fucking albums.  Vulgar Display of Power has the coolest fucking cover art in my iTunes library.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 18, 2006, 11:15:40 PM »
Hehe.  My friend used to listen to these guys religiously before going out to play football.  This is definite locker-room stuph.  You can't listen to Mouth For War or Fucking Hostile without wanting to hit somebody.  It just isn't possible.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline joeactually

• Rookie
  • Life sucks. That's your lesson. Go enjoy it.
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 10:36:14 AM »
Vulgar Display of Power is one of the all-time hardest albums ever made.  Hands down.
YOU'RE WELCOME!

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 24, 2006, 01:53:10 PM »
Pantera was probably the first band I ever really got into.  I've got all the albums.

My favorite is Vulgar Display of Power.  I used to listen to it before football games as well.  I still break out the pantera when I feel like I need to get pumped up/

W7RE

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 01, 2006, 11:37:05 PM »
I used to listen to Pantera all thet ime too. I got intot hem when Far Beyond Driven came out, and soon picked up Vulgar Display of Power and Cowboys From Hell. Then when The Great Southern Trendkill came out I bought the CD and saw them on the tour in Redrocks Stadium, with White Zombie. They were badass live.