Author Topic: Anyone watch the Steelers get pounded last night?  (Read 2437 times)

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
Anyone watch the Steelers get pounded last night?
« on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 06:06:04 PM »
Haha, that was awesome.  All you have to do to beat the Steelers is make Big Ben Worthlessberger beat you... he can't do it.  Oh how I loved it.  Watching a Steelers loss like that is almost as good as watching the Bengals win.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Anyone watch the Steelers get pounded last night?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 10:54:40 PM »
Oh dear... my best friend is a Steelers fan, hes probably gonna be all depressed tomorrow. Oh well, football doesnt stress me out because I dont watch it! Woot!

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 11:20:14 PM »
Tell him I said the Bengals are going to utterly destroy them on Sunday.  Worthlessberger, Whines Ward, and Porter will be crying like babies by the time the game is over.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2006, 11:49:20 PM »
Heh, Id rather you'd do it to his face because he'd slug me a good one.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 02:57:12 PM »
Yeah, his QB rating was in the low 40's. He did horrible. Of course, so did Delhomme. The Panthers realllly need a new quarterback. It's pissing me off, Jake is such a choke artist.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 05:26:26 PM »
He's not Peyton Manning choke artist level though, is he?

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 06:54:35 PM »
I just went to the Bengals' home page.  :(

We have so many starters out injured, it's not even funny.  And they aren't little things.  Like the player with the most minor injury is out for 3-4 weeks.

• Tab Perry, our beast kick returner (also plays on punts, punt returns, and kickoffs) is out for weeks.  He had a 94-yard punt return in the 2nd regular-season game against the Steelers last year, dragging someone from punt coverage for the last 30 yards.
  • T.J. Houshmandzadeh, our #2 receiver.  He's probably the most underrated receiver in the NFL.  When Chad Johnson is double-covered, T.J. gets himself open with ease and is good at getting yards after the catch.  He's been nursing a heel injury since the 3rd pre-season game and hasn't so much as practiced since.
  • Rich Braham, our 14-year veteran center.  His experience means he knows how to call blocks for the defensive packages he sees.
  • Levi Jones, our left tackle who is at the cusp of a Pro Bowl berth.  Actually, he will probably play Sunday.
  • Chris Henry, our #3 receiver.  He apparently had a groin injury in practice today.
  • Antonio Chatman, our #4 receiver and punt returner that we picked up from Green Bay in the offseason.  He's never played a down for the Bengals, even in the pre-season.
  • Dexter Jackson, our new safety is a former Super Bowl MVP.  Now he's out for several weeks.  Our saftey position is the thinnest on the entire team and that was plainly obvious last year when both of our starting safeties were out almost the whole year.
  • David Pollack, our first-round pick in the 2005 draft.  He's been hurt most of his NFL career, but came on strong near the end of last season and has a tremendous upside.  He's being groomed as a pass-rushing linebacker/defensive end.  Well, now he has a broken neck and is out for the year.
  • Chris Perry, our first-round pick in the 2004 draft.  He's a running back who has agility similar to Reggie Bush (though I'm not going to kid myself, Reggie is better), and was huge on third down last year.  This guy has also been hurt most of his NFL career and is currently on the physically unable to perform list, which means he can't do anything until week 7.
  • Odell Thurman, a standout rookie middle linebacker had a huge season last year.  He started game one as a rookie, which is pretty rare these days.  Well, the NFL suspended him through week 4 for failing to appear at three drug screenings.

So yeah, you could say we're pretty banged-up.  Luckily, we are a deep team.  Our #5 WR (Kelley Washington) would be a #2 on many teams.  Our center is expected to retire after this year, so we have been grooming his backup anyway.  We are thin at safety, so Dexter is impossible to replace, but Kevin Kaseviharn is a capable, veteran backup who plays hard.  Kenny Watson, our backup running back will fill in on kick returns.  He's capable, but Tab is the man.  Rookie Reggie McNeal will fill in on punt returns, but there is definately drop-off here.  First off, he is a rookie. Secondly he is a college quarterback that is being converted to a wide receiver in the NFL.  Thirdly, we fished him off of the practice squad after the extent of Tab's injuries were determined. Even though we have two tremendous linebackers out, we still have very good ones in place.

So this will be a tough-fought game, but I still think we can pull it off.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 11:21:49 AM »
He's not Peyton Manning choke artist level though, is he?

Peyton chokes in the playoffs. Jake chokes all the time. Luckily, though, we are getting Steve Smith back this week (I think). If he played like we did last year, we should be set. And don't worry about the Bengals, they have probably the most solid team in football. Such an amazing quarterback. It sucks that you had to sell those tickets, this is the year to get out there and watch them.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 21, 2006, 03:20:12 PM »
For some reason I keep reading the subject line as:

Anyone watch my sister get pounded last night?