Author Topic: Nice Metroid Prime wallpaper  (Read 5574 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Nice Metroid Prime wallpaper
« on: Saturday, May 12, 2007, 12:18:10 AM »
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44059235/?q=1680x1050&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5

I was browsing widescreen images and found one of Samus. I thought it was nice.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Nice Metroid Prime wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 12, 2007, 12:59:56 AM »
Awesome indeed!

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 12, 2007, 01:28:42 AM »
Cool colorings... actually one of few decent fan arts with her helmet off too. More often than not they turn that into an excuse to make her look needlessly sexy.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 12, 2007, 01:34:13 AM »
Yea exactly.

Transfuse is good. Check out his other stuff. There are a few more good Samus ones:

http://transfuse.deviantart.com/gallery/

edit:

Just checked out the gallery and he has done a lot of excellent stuff, though it mostly involves scantily clad large breasted women. What I find interesting, and pleasing is that despite that, his Samus ones are respectable.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 13, 2007, 10:51:44 PM »
Yeah, this guy is pretty good.  Some of his stuff is a bit much, or a bit odd, but he's got some gems.

This one is awesome.

And yes, I'm using that Samus image as my wallpaper.  I don't now if I'll ever be able to use another one.  It's beautiful!  Why the hell doesn't he have it available as a print?  I emailed him about it in case he didn't put it up due to the fact that it isn't an original character (though I fail to see why that would matter).  Hopefully he responds.  I want that on my damn wall, like, yesterday.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 03:57:41 AM »
haha I've been using it as a wallpaper myself, and imagine to keep it for a long while. Like yourself I've wondered why he hasn't a print available.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 14, 2007, 09:12:38 PM »
Doesn't DA have some sort of policy against selling stuff like that so they don't get their pants sued off? I could understand a broad policy to keep themselves out of trouble.

I have to have a soft spot for that guy: he's got some Warhammer stuff and Samus. I guess it negates some of his other... more over the top stuff. Plus, that Norfair one he has is beyond fucking amazing. I don't think I've ever seen Metroid art get that awesome.