Author Topic: Living in LA sucks  (Read 1598 times)

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Living in LA sucks
« on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 09:59:40 PM »
Okay so I have lived in or around LA my whole life. Everyone knows that for you to live in LA you have to be an asshole driver... actually just an asshole in general. I work near Hollywood and spend some time there hanging out with co-workers at bars and stuff.. I hate how fake everyone there is (not my friends.. the people living in Hollywood) and how everyone is a wannabe actor or writer.

So I am getting to my point. The other day I was driving down a major street near where I live because I was going out with some friends. I got near the street where I had to make a turn only to find out I couldn't because there was a big-ass SUV in the way. It is illegal for anyone to park on this street! The emergency lights were on and some woman was getting out. I immediately got pissed because why is this lady parked here? I doubt it is a real emergency! I just thought it was some realtor who was going to put up her shitty signs not caring that she was impeding those who wanted to turn.

I was about to honk when I noticed the woman. She was a blonde middle-aged woman but what I noticed was that her face was red because she was crying her eyes out. I watched as she made her way to the signpost and taped a "Lost Dog" sign on it. The dog was very cute.

Okay so I immediately felt like the worlds biggest jerk. When she came back to her car I waved at her and she waved back.

I have to move out of this shitty city.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline nickclone

• Veteran
Re: Living in LA sucks
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 10:09:42 PM »
Haha! Sounds like you've adapted to your surroundings to me, if you don't do that you can't survive. People where I live are nice and courteous, but they're not chatty. If you make eye contact with someone, you smile if its a girl and nod if its a dude (these are just the rules that I follow).

When I went to Ohio with my friend a couple years back, the people were so nice there that it freaked me out. Whenever I made eye contact with ANYONE, they would come over and start talking to me in this horrible, "Fargo" like accent. On top of it snowing all the time, I couldn't wait to leave that place.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 05:51:23 AM »
Dude LA has nothing on NJ as far as asshole driving.  I swear NJ drivers have their head permanantly out the window so they can scream at someone at the drop of a hat.

Oh, and we don't talk like the people in Fargo, at least not in Cincinnati.  Where were you?

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 06:48:24 AM »
Try New Orleans.  Stepping into the street there is basically begging for death, or it was when I was there years ago.  Nobody bothers with traffic lights.  If nobody's coming, they just go, and if you're in the crosswalk... well, then it's just target practice.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 09:09:43 AM »
Try New Orleans.  Stepping into the street there is basically begging for death, or it was when I was there years ago.  Nobody bothers with traffic lights.  If nobody's coming, they just go, and if you're in the crosswalk... well, then it's just target practice.

Nowadays you need a boat to get around.. AMIRITE?!?! HAHA

okay that was in bad taste. I apologize.
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 18, 2007, 07:34:32 PM »
Pssh, fuck New Orleans.  I've been there.  Those people deserved it for what they did to the place.  They destroyed a great city long before Mother Earth decided to wash the filth back out.  You can't even hardly *find* a good jazz club there anymore.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline HxCeddie

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 20, 2007, 04:24:58 AM »
Don't worry brother, I live near South Boston where triple parking was practically invented.

And you're right Keeb, LA does suck (no offense). I went there once for E3, and when we were going around the city, there were some nice parts, but I don't know how you can deal with that smog. Maybe it's just that I don't live there, but it was unbearable to me. I thought I was choking on a piece of phlegm the whole time I was there (yeah, it's because I smoke, but I had that feeling 10x worse when I was in LA)