Author Topic: zombie survival guide (book)  (Read 1883 times)

Offline beo

• Veteran
zombie survival guide (book)
« on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 10:36:13 PM »
zombie survival guide

has anyone read this?

the reveiws are very positive, and i was thinking of purchasing it, but i thought i'd check here first. given the subject matter i thought there was a relatively high chance that one of you had given it a go (idol, que?), and if you hadn't, you might want to be made aware of it's existence.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
Re: zombie survival guide (book)
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 10:42:23 PM »
I feel like Idol was the one who had it, or at least mentioned it before. Of course, that might just be because when I think of Idol the first thing that usually pops into my head is zombies.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 10:44:57 PM »
I don't actually have a copy yet though I've been familiar with its contents for quite some time.  I just haven't gotten around to buying it.  I think he actually wrote another book after it, too, but I forget the name.  Or... was it World War Z?  I think that was it.  It seemed somewhat different, but was supposedly still good.  I don't know anything about that one, though.  Anyway, yes, you should get the Zombie Survival Guide.  It's quality stuff.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 10:49:04 PM »
I thought he did another survival guide about a robot invasion, or was that just something else completely?

Edit: No, it was World War Z.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 10:49:32 PM »
This book is required reading for anyone concerned about the imminent zombie apocalypse.

I bought it a while ago. Great read. Zombie Survival Guide reads like a field manual on zombies. Weapon selections (dos and donts), what to wear, info on zombies themselves, where to go and how to secure it, written accounts of various outbreaks worldwide. Just fun stuff.

His second book is World War Z. Havent picked it up yet, but its supposed to be personal accounts of people involved in an outbreak. Like...a recounting from different points of view or something.

*EDIT*

Fun trivia: Max Brooks is the son of Mel Brooks, comedy film legend.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 21, 2007, 11:55:41 PM »
I own both The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z, both are great reads.  The Zombie Survival Guide is kind of like a reference book and a little more lighthearted than World War Z which is written like a journalist would write and its a little more grim than the survival guide.  World War Z even makes several references to the guide and some of the things in it.  Read both of them.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 02:41:00 AM »
I have both, but since neither are on a computer screen I've had trouble getting to them. Oh and I've been trying to finish Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers, but it's taking me forever since I almost never read it.

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 22, 2007, 06:37:52 AM »
I've got it sat next to me right now.
|