Author Topic: Assassin's creed.  (Read 57813 times)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Assassin's creed.
« Reply #280 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 04:04:32 PM »
Yeah, that pissed me off more than anything else in the entire game! Damn drunks!

Offline Schlotzky5

« Reply #281 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 05:02:27 PM »
I found the fights to be way too easy. It shouldn't be that easy to fend of 5 guards at once. I think they realized this and just increased the 'random' drunks to make the game a little harder.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 05:14:41 PM »
The guards actually seema  bit more aggressive now, but the fights are still pretty easy. Also, the fights are a lot of fun. The only reason I feel like I'm avoiding them is because I really want to finish and move on to AC2. But yea, damn those drunks. Earlier I got one of those "the guards are watching you, walk slow" alerts, and right then 2 beggars and a drunk all zerged me.

Offline Schlotzky5

« Reply #283 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 05:29:41 PM »
AC2 looks cool and all, but after they sold me a $20 game for 60 bucks I cant spend my hard earned money on it.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #284 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »
I've actually been enjoying the first one quite a bit. I guess it's because I've heard a lot of people complain that it's repetitive, and I also didn't pay full price. Gamestop had some "buy MW2 and get a discount on a used game" deal that I didn't even know about until the clerk pulled out a coupon to copy the code from. So when I bought MW2 and AC, AC ended up being like $13. (I actually wanted a new copy, but they didn't have any)

Offline Schlotzky5

« Reply #285 on: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 07:12:10 PM »
Its definitely worth 13. I remember getting the game right as it came out. It was also the first game I got for my PS3. I played the shit out of it for a week and it was awesome. Then, the game ended and I haven't touched it since.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #286 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 05:16:27 PM »
I finally finished. The side quests and drunks/crazies/beggars were seriously pissing me off toward the end, but overall it was a fun game.

Ending spolers:
(click to show/hide)

Edit, to add some opinions on stuff I liked/didn't like:

Story Assassinations:
(click to show/hide)

Obviously the 3 or 4 different mission types repeated over and over again became pretty boring.

Drunks and beggars were one of the worst game features in recent memory. They weren't so bad at the beginning, but the whole second half was really annoying. At one point I had a pickpocket mission in a small enclosed courtyard with guards stationed at the entrance, and surrounding my target were 4 crazy bastards. I had to climb over and out to wait for my target to come out because there's no way it was gonna happen inside there.

My only gripe about the combat was that I hated it when you would counter-attack and just punch the guy. Fuck that, stab him, so he doesn't get back up.

Despite all the complaints, I had a lot of fun with the climbing and rooftop running, as well as the fighting. One-shotting an archer on a rooftop with a throwing dagger was awesome. Assassinating guys in the crowd for side missions was awesome. Even though the combat was easy, it was tons of fun because it made me feel like a badass. I'm seriously glad it's finally over, but I can't wait to start up the second game.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 20, 2009, 06:13:54 PM by W7RE »

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #287 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 08:39:01 PM »
In some cases when you counter-attack with a punch if you keep pressing the attack button you can follow-up with a kill. In other cases the enemy is too strong to kill that easily, at least by the game's rules, which doesn't make much sense since it would have been a one-hit-kill if you use the hidden blade. Oh yeah, switching to the hidden blade makes all successful counter-attacks insta-kills, however you can't block any incoming attacks at all, you have to counter and dodge.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #288 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 08:47:05 PM »
I guess the "higher hp" is why I'd punch guys when I was hoping to stab them. I didn't realize I could use the hidden blade for a counterattack though. I knew I could pop it out and 1 shot someone mid combat, but didn't think to try a counterattack with it.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #289 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 09:09:41 PM »
I guess the "higher hp" is why I'd punch guys when I was hoping to stab them. I didn't realize I could use the hidden blade for a counterattack though. I knew I could pop it out and 1 shot someone mid combat, but didn't think to try a counterattack with it.
Yeah, you just have to time it right coz if you miss you'll take a hit.

The hidden blade counter kills are pretty cool too. Almost savage!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #290 on: Friday, November 20, 2009, 11:00:50 PM »
I finally finished. The side quests and drunks/crazies/beggars were seriously pissing me off toward the end, but overall it was a fun game.

Ending spolers:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline MysterD

• Forum god

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, May 23, 2020, 08:39:42 AM »
Kotaku - Story on original AC games, on all side missions were made in 5 days:
https://kotaku.com/all-the-side-missions-in-the-first-assassins-creed-were-1843627081?utm_campaign=Kotaku

Info:
- Charles Randall worked on the original AC game, who talks about why the side quests in AC1 existed.
- UbiSoft's CEO Yves Guillemot let his child play a test build of the game.
- The child felt the game was boring with nothing to really do.
- The original AC only had the game's main & critical path; no side missions were in the game yet!
- So, they went back...and that's when they added side missions.
- Took 5 days to make all of the side missions.
- They needed to get this all done in 5 days b/c the game was already set to ship & ready to go to stores.
- This probably explains the cut & paste nature of the side quests, as they were all made in 5 days.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 10:14:23 AM »

Btw, I am impressed  ;D

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 04:20:43 PM »
@Xessive: