Author Topic: 3D Realms new stuff: Earth No More  (Read 1880 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
3D Realms new stuff: Earth No More
« on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 12:48:54 PM »
Shacknews with the scoop. Game Informer mag supposedly has a lot more info, so I'll check it out on the news stand.

So 3DR is teaming up with another studio named Recoil Games to make it, kind of like what they did with Remedy and Max Payne.

Beginning in a small, quarantined New England town, Earth No More's antagonist comes not from space, but from nature. As a result of mankind's constant pollution of and experimentation with the environment, a growth of deadly red vines and mutating spores have overtaken the world, perverting whatever they encounter.
I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty cool. And its on UE3...I can only imagine the art they can put into this.

To separate Earth No More from the number of solitary first-person shooters on the market, main character Will Forsyth will team with four other characters, each with their own unique back stories and motivations. Throughout the game, players will be able to converse with the other characters with a conversation system said to compare to that of Bioware's upcoming Xbox 360 RPG Mass Effect. According to the article, a small portion of which is posted on 3D Realms' official website, "the development team is specifically moving away from what they call the 'lone hero,' while also avoiding a squad-based direction."
That sounds kind of neat. Hope it works out well.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
Re: 3D Realms new stuff: Earth No More
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 01:00:51 PM »
So umm to seperate this game from other FPS' their going to mimic Mass Effect.... ok then.

Well I guess it'll be interesting to see how they pull this off, it's not going to be squad based nor is it going to be FPS... otherwise I'm not too interested in the game at this stage.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 01:32:22 PM »
I think it sounds really interesting.  Hopefully it's released sometime before 2020.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 01:37:35 PM »
Very interesting news.

Let's hope it turns out decent, at least.

Offline poomcgoo

• Poster Child
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 05:05:30 PM »
new england what what

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 05:16:36 PM »
I think it sounds really interesting.  Hopefully it's released sometime before 2020.

hahaha  ;D

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 18, 2007, 05:28:35 PM »

It'll be released, since 3D Realms is only publishing here.
Remedy's games (Max Payne series) and Human Head's game (Prey) were published by 3D Realms, yet they eventually were released.

If 3D Realms was developing this thing themselves, now that would be another story entirely... ;)

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 19, 2007, 12:09:57 AM »
Sounds pretty awesome!