Author Topic: blair is gone...  (Read 3198 times)

Offline beo

• Veteran
blair is gone...
« on: Wednesday, June 27, 2007, 06:57:45 PM »
yesterday blair resigned as prime minister. he did a lot of good for the country before he spent all our money on a war that was decried by everybody (apart from a few people on your side of the pond), so it's a bit of a shame that his legacy will be remembered so negatively.

gordan brown is now in power. i'm sure that name means nothing to most of you, but during tony's reign he's been our finance minister, and on the whole he's done a great job - our economy has gone from strength to strength under his command. the word is that he'll be distancing himself from the bush administration, which given the current world view of the republicans, is probably a good move. an election will be held soon (we think) and i think he has an excellent chance of staying in power. as much as everyone begrudges labour for their part in the middle-east crisis, our alternative is the conservative party (maggie thatcher, john major, etc), with a PR yes-man, david cameron in charge. the conservatives have an even greater history of fucking up than labour, but with iraq still fresh in everyone's mind it's anyone's guess who our next elected leader will be.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
Re: blair is gone...
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2007, 07:09:14 PM »
HERE I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE A MONARCHY

;D
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
Re: blair is gone...
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2007, 07:29:49 PM »
Yeah I always liked Tony Blair, he was fairly level headed (except for his stance on the war) and he did amazing things for your economy. It baffled me why he took such a hard-line stance with Bush. I read that he is now the head of the middle east peace group (the name escapes me). Hopefully he can make some progress there.

I know next to nothing about Brown, just what I've read recently in the papers. Hopefully he does good things for you.