Author Topic: mucus sucks!  (Read 7849 times)

Offline ender

mucus sucks!
« on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 05:15:02 AM »
I've had some kind of virus for over a week... and I am just now getting better. I've felt like shit for so long, I don't remember what feeling good feels like. I've had a non-stop diet of mucus and snot... and today I have an Art History quiz I haven't hardly felt like studying for. Damn this virus. Anyone else been sick lately?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: mucus sucks!
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 05:27:34 AM »
Wow, man you remind me of how I was a couple of years back in university!

I haven't ill exactly, but I haven't been normal lately. I think it's the lack of sunlight, but I've been steadily gaining weight, even though I'm not eating much, thirsty all the time, and constantly lethargic. I force myself to go out for walks now and then. I can't wait to go back and run on the beach!

Offline ender

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 05:32:54 AM »
Yeah, universities are full of germs of all kinds... I think the only thing thats kept me able to even keep going is I have to walk a ton everyday on campus. I just wanna be better!

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 05:44:14 AM »
Jennie was sick the past few days with a sore throat, headache, and runny nose.  Now today I have a runny nose...

Offline ender

« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 05:48:39 AM »
Yeah thats what I thought this was going to be... a standard issue cold. My co-worker has had it for over 2 weeks... and its like, mainly congestion in the chest really bad. Now I have sinus congestion, but my chest congestion is wanning. Thank you Mucinex!

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 06:19:31 AM »
I've been sniffling cause of major allergies.

But a lot of people I know have been sick with some sort of flu.  Some psychiatric cases too.

Xessive, I hope it's not hypothyroid!

I'm getting fat too.. But I think girls have that forever - fat-itis.

Taken.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 06:33:17 AM »
Fat-itis!  Lol!

You know, I once knew a girl who wore size 0 pants and had an AA cup and she always talked about how fat she was.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 07:42:41 AM »
I used to be in good shape.  When my dad died that all went to pot.  Now I'm fat.

But yeah, I thought I was coming down with something last week, then I got lucky and missed it apparently.  Thank goodness.  Have too much crap going on, don't need that tacked on.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 09:32:11 AM »
I haven't been sick in quite some time. I got very, very ill a few years ago at my great uncles funeral. It was the middle of winter in Minnesota and I came down with...something. It was horrible. Constant coughing, light hurt my head, felt so weak, couldnt stay warm and I was shivering all the time. Lasted 3-4 days, and ever since I havent gotten sick.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 11:16:32 AM »
I was bragging to my sick friend a few weeks ago how I haven't been sick in four years. Lo and behold, I'm sick now, for the second time this month. Next time I will keep my mouth shut  :-[

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 03:08:52 PM »
I'm starting to get over a cold I got last thursday myself. For the past couple weeks I was basically working non-stop and it caught up with me. The cold actually started to come around last weekend, but I managed to squish it before I went back to work on Monday (yes, I had to work on labor day). Then on Thursday it started to come back and hit me full on Thursday night and Friday morning. I've gotten much better over the weekend, but it lingers at about half strength.

Offline ender

« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 05:36:16 PM »
The weird thing is... I thought I was over it by Friday. So I stayed out late, but slept in quite a bit Saturday. On sat I went for Midnight Sushi at Tomo... and it hit me again, bad. I thought I might have to go to the doctor...but I took some mucinex last night and I think after today it is starting to fade more. I am ready for it to BE GONE.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 05:44:58 PM »
Well, I had little choice in the matter when Monday rolled around and I had to get back to work... although I'm pretty sure the thought of midnight sushi would work against my better judgement too.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 06:17:47 PM »
relapse is ALWAYS worse so take care!

I haven't been horribly sick since January.  People said i look liked death.
Taken.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 06:18:15 PM »
Did you take advantage and scare all the little children into doing your bidding?

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 11, 2006, 11:25:58 PM »
lol. i look horrible most of the time so no need to wait till i'm sick to scare the children.

That time, i was traveling, so I had to manage by myself in some hotel, had a fever and all that.
Taken.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2006, 12:11:33 AM »
Ugh. Being sick while traveling is the absolute worst, hands down.  It's bad enough just being dirt tired and such, but being sick too?  Forget it.