Author Topic: 360 price cut pretty much confirmed  (Read 2205 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
360 price cut pretty much confirmed
« on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 11:11:28 PM »
Cheapass gamer forums to the rescue. Both Walmart and toys r us ads for the week of Aug 12 show a $50 price cut on the Premium 360 making it $350. No word on if the other SKUs will see a similar drop, but I'd be so tempted to grab a Core for $250. Dead Rising marathon would occur, many undead would die again.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: 360 price cut pretty much confirmed
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 11:12:22 PM »
I really urge you to stay away from the core and go for the premium, the hard drive is soo worth it.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 11:17:08 PM »
Do many games make us of it? Because Live is pretty much out of the question...then again, I do want that PoP remake....

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 11:19:32 PM »
I wouldn't say the HDD is worth it unless you use it for certain things.  As it stands, I have absolutely no use for it whatsoever.  However, in the *future* I'm quite sure there will be things I'd want to use it for, so it's going to suck that I don't have it when those things come to pass.  I'd say it's worth shelling out the extra cash for, because it's cheaper in the long run.  You could always get the core then get the HDD later... which is what I originally planned on doing... but I had to pay half as much for the fucking memory unit.  Which is what makes the whole thing blow.  If the core CAME with one, then it would be a much more viable option.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 11:43:58 PM »
I never liked the idea of memory cards, I don't know why but eh, so I got the 360 with the HD, and while I can make use of Live I don't, I think I downloaded one demo thus far.

It is cheaper in some ways to get the Premium pack, also though it comes with different/better AV cables.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 11:52:10 PM »
Well, I'll probably wait anyway. Dead Rising is pretty much my only reason for wanting one right now since Gears (and I've suddenly wanted to play Viva Pnata) is coming to PC. I'd be better off upgrading my PC than buying a 360 now.

Offline W7RE

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 29, 2007, 03:16:36 AM »
So what's the difference between the premium package and the elite package? I see black color, and 120GB HD instead of 20GB. Are there any other differences? And is that extra 100GB really needed?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 29, 2007, 05:53:50 AM »
Well, I'll probably wait anyway. Dead Rising is pretty much my only reason for wanting one right now since Gears (and I've suddenly wanted to play Viva Pnata) is coming to PC. I'd be better off upgrading my PC than buying a 360 now.

I bet Idol would be happy w/ Capcom brought Dead Rising over to the PC.

I'd be happy, too -- of course. Why not?

I mean, RE4 got ported over to the PC, finally.

My gamepad would be ready for Dead Rising, especially since we know it's possible that the KB/mouse controls might get botched again...

EDIT:
Hey, Que, you have a X360 -- so, have you tried your X360 controller in your PC's USB port????

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 29, 2007, 09:31:10 AM »
So what's the difference between the premium package and the elite package? I see black color, and 120GB HD instead of 20GB. Are there any other differences? And is that extra 100GB really needed?

The Elite also has an HDMI port for 1080p.  The extra 100GB isn't really needed, its good for people who want to download a LOT of stuff from XBox Live, like movies, music, Live Arcade games, etc.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 29, 2007, 09:59:10 AM »
With Premium over Core you get not only the hdd, but the wireless controllers as well.  Not a necessity by any means, but very nice.  And you get the HD component cable in case you ever get a HDTV or nice LCD monitor.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2007, 01:22:05 PM »
Update

Circuit City ad shows the price drop across all 360 models.

# Elite SKU -- $450, previously $480
  # Premium SKU -- $350, previously $400
  # Core SKU -- $280, previously $300

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 07, 2007, 09:25:14 PM »
Update again: Its official.