Author Topic: Dexter: Season 2  (Read 17821 times)

Offline nickclone

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,274
Dexter: Season 2
« on: Wednesday, August 08, 2007, 10:27:24 AM »
It hasn't started yet, but the first two episodes have been leaked online. You know where to look, its totally worth it.

Offline beo

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,480
  • ****
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 08, 2007, 06:36:37 PM »
watched them recently. it's a bit early to judge, but it looks good so far.

Offline KontrollerX

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 87
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 10:49:33 PM »
That series has been incredible so far.

Perfect portrayel of a sociopath with the Dexter character and the Lila character that was his love interest is a great example of a high functioning borderline.

Almost every one of the characters gives you a certain feeling to watch em in action be it to hate em or love em.

Best original series in a long time.

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 11:21:11 PM »
I haven't seen this yet. Is the first season any good?

Offline KontrollerX

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 87
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 25, 2007, 11:28:31 PM »
Indeed it is Pug.

The entire series has my highest recommendation. :)

Offline beo

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,480
  • ****
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 03:43:11 AM »
i'd have to second what X said. it's one of the finest pieces of television i've seen. the first season is excellent, and so far, so is the second.

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 26, 2007, 03:46:27 AM »
That's high praise! Must download now.

Offline Xessive

  • Gold Member
  • *
  • Posts: 9,920
    • XSV @ deviantART
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 03:19:30 AM »
The first season was incredible. The second season is going well so far. The latest episode just aired yesterday! I'm anxious about how things are going so far.

Not much of a spoiler, but better safe than sorry:
[spoiler]Even though Lundy is up against dear Dexter, I like him. He's a great character and the latest developments are very intriguing![/spoiler]

Offline nickclone

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,274
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 01, 2007, 11:57:35 PM »
Michael C. Hall (Dexter) is the man, he's one of my favorite actors. I watched the series finale of Six Feet Under and it damn near had me in tears, I can't believe he's the same guy.

Offline ren

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,673
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 01:08:58 PM »
I watched the first season of Six Feet Under and then Dexter right after; the change is ridiculous. It's always funny how Doakes looks kind of like his gay lover in Six Feet Under too.

H'anyways, Dexter is just crazy good

[spoiler]It really seemed like the second season could have been the last season[/spoiler]

I'm excited for season three.

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 01:18:50 PM »
What? Why do you say that?

Also the end of the second season just sickened me.

Offline ren

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,673
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 02:43:03 PM »
What? Why do you say that?

Also the end of the second season just sickened me.

Well, the second season was all about [spoiler] Dexter getting caught. Until the last couple episodes it seemed almost hopeless for him and like they were reaching the end. They could have moved the second season to any point in the series and had it as a good ending. It sucks that Doakes got caught but they pretty much set themselves up to have no other alternative with Dexter remaining free. It's based on the books so I assume theres some plan to where the series is going now. Though apparently the third book sucked and introduced a lot of weird supernatural stuff, hopefully that doesn't make it into the show. [/spoiler]

Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 02:57:53 PM »
Oh I see what you are saying. I got a little confused and thought you were saying they were ending the show.

But yes it rules, even if it got to me a little. I didn't feel horrified or scared or anything, but...

[spoiler]When the cop who was always on Dexter's back got killed, I felt sick. He was a really good character. It was all very predictable at the end though. There was only one obvious way to tie everything up without ending the show, and that's the route they chose.[/spoiler]

Offline ren

  • Veteran
  • ****
  • Posts: 1,673
Re: Dexter: Season 2
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 03:06:55 PM »
It seemed like a surprise to me because [spoiler]I had totally forgotten about Lila, so I couldn't figure out how Dexter would get rid of Doakes before the police found him. I guess that's what the show was going for and I completely fell for it. Before that happened I was thinking what if he gets caught? Maybe the next season would be totally different involving him being accused and investigated, maybe on trial. That'd big of a change would never have happened but I can't help but like shows which make me thing completely ludicrous things.[/spoiler]