Author Topic: Dan has a project that requires your input!  (Read 5497 times)

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
Dan has a project that requires your input!
« on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 05:45:25 PM »
Okay, so, I have an idea. This idea involves me writing music for specific scenes from films and then making an album out of it, so depending on the length of the scenes, 5-15 pieces of music. Now, here's the thing: I want to make this an album of great/important/turning point scenes from movies. I want you to tell me your favourite scenes of this type, and I might use them. Any genre of movie is allowed, and any point during the film - just use spoiler tags where appropriate. Go!
|

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Dan has a project that requires your input!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 05:56:11 PM »
Awesome idea!  I'll have to see what I can come up with.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 06:14:51 PM »
Sweet. I was worried I hadn't explained it well enough.
|

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 01, 2007, 10:21:23 AM »
While the chestburster scene from the original Alien is pretty near perfect with just the ambient sound (well, most of the movie is actually), it could be cool to replace that sound with some music that could make it feel different.

I also think it would be awesome to score one of the play scenes from Rushmore. Since Max goes all out on those, it would be a funny way to sort of complete the picture as if they were movies in of themselves.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 01, 2007, 10:29:13 AM »
Those are both great suggestions.  I totally forgot about this thread like a cad.

I'm going to suggest doing something more obscure.  How about Hitchcock's Rebecca and music to the big revelation scene closer to the end in the boathouse?  I won't talk more about it given that most probably haven't seen the film.

Offline NatchDan

• I object.
    • NatchDan Music
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 01, 2007, 08:15:43 PM »
Que, I haven't seen that one, so I'll reserve judgement. Sweet ideas, though, Sy.

I did my first one of these today, though without the scene to refer to, so the timing and whatnot won't fit the original scene, but it's a good jumping-off point. The movie: Blade Runner. The scene:
(click to show/hide)

It is here - I ask you to bear in mind that this is a movie soundtrack piece, so it's not to everyone's taste. Slow-burning and all that.
|

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 02, 2007, 12:59:57 AM »
Liked it.  Can't remember the scene too well (honestly, I was never that big a fan of the movie), but it was a good listen either way.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 02, 2007, 07:37:56 PM »
Ill suggest, only because I saw the movie for the first time last night, the smothering/escape scene from One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.