Author Topic: The first three hours of God of War 2 are awesome  (Read 3444 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
The first three hours of God of War 2 are awesome
« on: Friday, September 14, 2007, 11:53:44 PM »
Sadly, that's all I can really say about that because my PS2 freezes at the same loading screen after that on two copies I tried. 

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: The first three hours of God of War 2 are awesome
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 15, 2007, 08:31:18 AM »
Well that sure blows.  Have you tried beating your local retail game clerk to death with it?  That works for me sometimes.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 15, 2007, 10:10:08 AM »
That fucking sucks, do you have someone else's PS2 you can play for a little bit on and then try your updated save data on your PS2?

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 15, 2007, 02:27:30 PM »
Have you tried beating your local retail game clerk to death with it?  That works for me sometimes.
That might work best on an EB/GameStop game clerk, I bet. :P

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 15, 2007, 06:20:15 PM »
Yeeeah.  The house I just moved out of had three ps2s.  I don't have easy access to another one now.  Well, not easy enough to make it worth it.  I'll probably just hold onto it for a while and figure something out.

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 10:32:31 PM »
A little late to the game, but I just finished this game (after nearly a damn year of being away from it - had to quit playing so i could finish grad school).  All I can say is HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I CANNOT WAIT FOR PART 3.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 10:50:49 PM »
Doesn't it totally make you feel like it's going along the same path as the Legacy for Kain series? Not necessarily in bad cliff hanger endings, but in terms of where the story is leading to and all the time jumping elements?

Don't forget the PSP prequel is coming out in a couple weeks too. If the demo was any indication, the game should be pretty close to the standards of a full on console title.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 11:11:03 PM »
I hate all of you.  I totally gave up on this game, but I'll probably pick it up when it's a Greatest Hit or I know it fully works in an emulator.  I totally have to now that you compared it to the Legacy of Kain series.

On that subject, it's really too bad that nothing new has been announced.  I know the team was broken up and everything, but I was really hoping for something.  Maybe later in this generation.  It could very well be my favorite series, and I think about playing through Defiance again from time to time (easily my favorite although Blood Omen was pretty rad when I played it in '99 or 2000).

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #8 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 11:14:37 PM »
Doesn't it totally make you feel like it's going along the same path as the Legacy for Kain series? Not necessarily in bad cliff hanger endings, but in terms of where the story is leading to and all the time jumping elements?

Don't forget the PSP prequel is coming out in a couple weeks too. If the demo was any indication, the game should be pretty close to the standards of a full on console title.

(click to show/hide)

I was one of the lucky ones to get a psp demo.  It's definitely comparable to a console game (and probably will be ported at some point).

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 11:19:15 PM »
There was a review of the game on digg a while ago.  I guess it was a pre-release review and I think it was Gamepro, but they said it was the best PSP game out yet (if that actually means anything).

Offline K-man

• Post-aholic
  • HOW'S IT FEEEEEL IDOL
« Reply #10 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 11:34:53 PM »
It certainly means more today than it did a year or two ago.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 12:00:44 AM »
I got one of the demos too, but I didn't try it.  I just want to save it all for when the game comes out.  I've seen enough footage to know it'll be sweet.

But yeah, it's a great series, and along with whatever the next game from Team Ico may be, it's one of the big reasons I want a PS3.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 12:53:58 AM »
It certainly means more today than it did a year or two ago.

Yeah, it actually means quite a bit now. Game wise, the system really started to turn around after Loco Roco came out.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 04:09:51 AM »
Well that sure blows.  Have you tried beating your local retail game clerk to death with it?  That works for me sometimes.

And now I won't let you in! Who's laughing now bitch?!

That might work best on an EB/GameStop game clerk, I bet. :P

I think clerks from any franchise are susceptible to a good beating. But that's just me.