One of the best selling PC games of all time. It was a big hit among newer fans, but not those who were expecting BG2 style gameplay.
I didn't mind having a smaller party -- party of 2 is fine. Worked well in Beyond Divinity. But, I think the NWN problem was the NPC AI wasn't that great; very wonky. You couldn't really upgrade your NPC party characters too much. The whole "Ancient alien race" storyline was so rushed and half-baked. Many quests, you didn't have more than one way to finish them, unfortunately....zzzzzzzzz....
NWN: OC -- Chapter 4 Spoilers
[spoiler]I thought the best fight/boss battle in the game was w/ Aribeth, after Fenthick got executed. I would've rather fought Morag first, then took down Aribeth, myself.
The battle w/ Morag was a good battle, but I wish there was a lot more to the whole Morag story and character; it felt thin.[/spoiler]
A lot of my gripes w/ NWN: OC were pretty much gone by NWN: Hordes. I think Hordes was great, for an expansion pack especially.
But yes, this news is really depressing.
The whole NWN2: MOTB fiasco w/ the patching process is sad. Especially since I really want to play this thing like...NOW.
Though, I really want to play The Witcher more than anything right now.
And I'm defiintely not happy w/ Bioware being sold to EA, of all companies....bleh...
EDIT:
You guys should see the Bioware boards...OMG, it's crazy....
Thread #1Thread #2Thread #3Thread #4EDIT #2:
An interview w/ Bioware on the whole ordeal from Gamespot -- which does indicate that Dragon Age and their top-secret MMO are already actually playable