Author Topic: Every Extend Extra Extreme on XBLA  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Every Extend Extra Extreme on XBLA
« on: Thursday, October 18, 2007, 03:44:24 PM »
And if the shield was gone and the enemies were fewer, and more varied, it could have been a lot like an actual videogame, with a difficulty curve, rather than a bewildering ascent up a six-foot cliff onto an endless plateau of tedium.
Eurogamer

Contrast that with:

Every Extend Extra Extreme is a game that excites sections of the mind that other games leave untouched. For many, it will also sit on the edge of acceptable levels of initial confusion. The game is almost too unique and trippy for its own good, if that is even possible. It's a game that is worth experiencing and a great bargain amidst the flood of overpriced downloadable content out there. Just don't panic if it all seems a bit much when you first pick up the controller.
IGN

The scores are even more apart, 4.0 vs 8.5 (out of 10).  Eurogamer is right on the money about the unlimited game, which says a lot about IGN.

The PSP game (the first three E's) I found ridiculously hard and confusing.  I guess they tried to solve that with a 3-second shield, and ended up making it a brain-dead exercise.  I am intrigued by the custom-soundtrack mode.  The claim is that you can import your own music, help the game analyze its beat with a controller button (as it plays) and then use it in the game.  (The best time to detonate in the game is on the beat pulse.)

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
Re: Every Extend Extra Extreme on XBLA
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 18, 2007, 04:13:46 PM »
Looks like I will have to get some more MS Points.  There are now several XBLA games that I want to get.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 18, 2007, 05:40:19 PM »
Wanted to try this for a while, but haven't had the time or (really) the inclination.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 19, 2007, 09:02:48 AM »
Tried it... somewhat interesting but I don't know if it's worth the $8

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 19, 2007, 09:31:47 AM »
It's not worth the $10.  The unlimited mode is completely without merit.  About a half hour of experience is all you need to keep it going forever.  Read the Eurogamer link I posted above.