Author Topic: Zeitgeist  (Read 3507 times)

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
Zeitgeist
« on: Monday, October 22, 2007, 11:25:38 PM »
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Has anybody seen or even heard about this.  I have a friend who brings it up (and tries to sell it all the time), but he also tries to sell people on other stupid shit all the time.  I couldn't find anything on wikipedia, and was just wondering what the word on the street is.  On one hand I'm tempted to watch it, on the other I don't want to waste 2 hours watching total bullshit.

Offline PyroMenace

Re: Zeitgeist
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 12:13:33 AM »
A conspiracy movie, no thank you. 

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 12:50:14 AM »
That's all I needed to know, thanks.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 11:04:52 PM »
Oh man, when I was checking this out I skipped ahead to like 20 min. in and the guy was talking about the astrological zodiac phases.  I then skipped ahead to about an hour in and he was talking about the gold standard and the federal reserve system.  All I've been thinking about all day is how those two things could be somehow connected logically with only 40 min of data in between

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 03:56:23 AM »
Haha yeah I saw this a while back.. Kinda funny.. Well not "ha ha" funny, just funny that they slipped in a lot of false information about Ancient Egyptian history and mythology (one of my fields of study). Pretty fudged up.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 08, 2009, 12:33:00 AM »
Interestingly enough I totally forgot about this.  I also recently received a group email from a guy telling me I need to watch this.  I knew I had heard of it before, but couldn't place where.  I checked on wikipedia to see if it was a creepy conspiracy movie and they made it sound like it wasn't, but also didn't really make it sound like...well, anything really.  So, I went to the link and hit a random spot on the play bar...ending up right at the part about the federal reserve again.  So, I was all like "fuck this", closed it and came here to search, only to find I've gone down this road once before. 

Should I be depressed that I don't remember something from a year ago?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 08, 2009, 07:11:42 AM »
No, it's not noteworthy enough. Your fine.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 08, 2009, 09:56:59 AM »
. . . the guy was talking about the astrological zodiac phases.
. . .

That would do it for me right there.  Once all possibility of logic vanishes, there's nothing left to be gained, if there ever was anything.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 09, 2009, 10:20:25 PM »
Yeah, I agree completely.  I remember talking to this conspiracy guy friend of mine and he brought up that I'm so close minded because I immediately threw out some stupid theory on television. Never mind the fact that he immediately discarded the scientifically backed rebut.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 10, 2009, 12:34:22 AM »
I am proud to admit that my mind is completely closed on the subject of astrology.  I've examined the evidence over many years, and have concluded that it's complete bullshit, beyond the possibility of new evidence to change my mind.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 10, 2009, 04:20:42 AM »
Astrology, in terms of horoscopes and all that crap, is just utter crap. However I do believe there is something to celestial configurations and how certain energies emitted from celestial bodies can affect us. The moon alone affects our tide as well as our blood pressure.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 10, 2009, 10:37:17 AM »
The moon cycle probably has something to do with women's menstrual cycles too.  That is a heavy direct influence on the planet, perhaps even to the point of being a vital ingredient in the genesis of life here.  But I don't believe anything light-years away affects us in the least.