Author Topic: Fall photos  (Read 5010 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Fall photos
« on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »
Dont have the web space for all these, so I put them up on Picasa Web Albums.

First we have the Trail of History pics. The Trail of History is an event put on by the conservation district. You hike about a mile in and come to this rather large encampment. The volunteers there all act the part of early settlers, and all the tents you see are where they sleep for the duration of the event. They tell and demonstrate their various crafts from woodworking, blacksmithing, clothes making, etc. Theres also a bunch of stuff to buy, which people just flock to. They food lines were huge, which I found just hilarious. An 80 person line to get some wild rice stew. We have wild rice stew all the damn time in our family. Its not really "exotic" or anything.

Then yesterday wen went for a hike at the Prairie View conservation park, which you can see some pictures right here. Such a nice place, and one of the newest the district opened.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
Re: Fall photos
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 03:54:40 PM »
Nice pics, looks like it was fun. The colors of the trees in the park are beautiful.  Also, you reminded me that I need to make sure my friend brings his camera to the Renaissance Festival that we are going to for 3 days in a couple of weeks.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 06:51:18 PM »
Man I love your picture threads.  The Trail ones were fun, and the natural ones were just bloody amazing.  I'm going to have to see some of those shots in high res at some point.  Beautiful.  Julia's definitely going to want to see them too, and you can bet after she does she's going to start bugging me (and you by proxy) about going to visit you.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 25, 2007, 01:01:12 AM »
would love to see that place...
Taken.