Author Topic: Zero Punctuation: Zelda Phantom Hourglass  (Read 1979 times)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Zero Punctuation: Zelda Phantom Hourglass
« on: Wednesday, November 07, 2007, 01:32:30 PM »
Link

Not as funny as previous ones, but he does point out the flaws. He just seems...angrier than usual.

Also, I can't tell if his Half-Life reference was a joke or now because he pretty much explained what Valve actually did.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Re: Zero Punctuation: Zelda Phantom Hourglass
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 07, 2007, 02:43:52 PM »
Hahahahahaha!  Not as funny?  I disagree.  It had me almost crying.  It's spot-on, as usual.  And yes, the bit about H-L was sarcasm.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 07, 2007, 03:08:41 PM »
Link

Not as funny as previous ones, but he does point out the flaws. He just seems...angrier than usual.
Oh yes -- very angry.

He was on rant-city here, from the looks of things. Most of it did not seem aimed at comedy, though it did have its touches of laugh-out-loud laughs, here and there.

Also, I can't tell if his Half-Life reference was a joke or now because he pretty much explained what Valve actually did.
Yes, it's a joke -- and looks like a big stab at Valve, if you ask me.

I found that comparison to Nintendo to be the funniest part of the review, myself.

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 07, 2007, 03:39:29 PM »
Angry angry man. But funny as ever!

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 07, 2007, 03:44:04 PM »
The anger is well placed.  Like him, I gave up in frustration.  I can't be bothered with that cursed dungeon on endless repeat.  He has a healthy sense of humor about it.

Edit:  Oh, and I forgot the microphone intolerable bullshit.  He's got that one pegged as well.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 07, 2007, 04:20:14 PM »
Hes right, I just didn.t find it quite as funny as previous efforts (though still amusing).

Gareth Gobulcoque > Fagballs

Yeah, I didnt like the microphone bit. The easiest solution is to just blow into the mic, even when it asks you to yell...game doesnt care and cant tell the difference. But then in public you're blowing on your game machine.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 07, 2007, 04:56:56 PM »
That's what I do too.  Even so, I want to kick someone in the fagballs because of it.  It's a pointless gimmick to push the mic.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 07, 2007, 05:53:44 PM »
I agree with him on that one more than most of his videos. 

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 08, 2007, 12:10:16 AM »
That was pretty good! And the Okami reference at the end was necessary considering how much we've been comparing it to Zelda.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 08, 2007, 01:07:07 AM »
I don't understand the anger at the mic use.  I used it no more than twice.  Hardly anger-inducing.  A little irritating maybe, but not much more.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 08, 2007, 01:48:01 AM »
It's twice. The reality is it's just a stupid way to make use of the DS mic and doesn't actually do anything good for the game. At worse, it makes you want to stop playing when you get to those points because you could potentially be playing in a public place. I was in a library when I reached one and on the train at the other. Thank god the blowing trick work.

He's pretty much right on a lot of the annoying things about the game. Thankfully for me, what worked worked well and kept me throughout the experience. Zero Punctuation just get a little over eager in denouncing the game because of these... but that's why we like him, isn't it?