Author Topic: There Will be Blood  (Read 17990 times)

Offline PyroMenace

  • Senior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3,930
There Will be Blood
« on: Saturday, January 05, 2008, 01:07:57 PM »
Another one I really want to see. It's with Daniel Day-Lewis, the guy is amazing. The trailer gives me chills.

Offline Quemaqua

  • 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 16,500
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: There Will be Blood
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 05, 2008, 01:32:45 PM »
Yeah, he's really good.  I haven't made up my mind about this flick yet, and I never actually go to the movies anymore, but I saw the trailer for this the other day and it definitely piqued my interest.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: There Will be Blood
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 07, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
Yeah, Daniel Day Lewis is pretty good.
He was awesome as The Butcher in Gangs of NY.


Offline Pugnate

  • What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 12,257
    • OW
Re: There Will be Blood
« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 07, 2008, 10:22:54 PM »
I really enjoy his work, even if I didn't like the movie. Gangs of NY is an example of that.

Offline PyroMenace

  • Senior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3,930
Re: There Will be Blood
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 01, 2008, 10:59:04 PM »
Finally got to see it. Holy hell Daniel Day-Lewis is fucking satan. Ive never seen a movie portray a character in such a dark and twisted light like this. Lewis pulled it off flawlessly. That was one hell of a movie, really fucking dark down to the last scene.

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: There Will be Blood
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 02, 2008, 06:34:51 AM »
Any clue when this is coming to DVD?
Please tell me it's gonna be soon...

Offline Quemaqua

  • 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 16,500
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: There Will be Blood
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 02, 2008, 11:00:52 AM »
The movie is still in theaters, dude.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline Ghandi

  • Senior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4,804
  • HAMS
Re: There Will be Blood
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 02, 2008, 08:28:14 PM »
Any clue when this is coming to DVD?
Please tell me it's gonna be soon...

It's going to be soon.

Offline PyroMenace

  • Senior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3,930
Re: There Will be Blood
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 02, 2008, 09:16:03 PM »
The movie is still in theaters, dude.

I think due to the academy awards, movies that won some get re-released in theatres for another short period. No Country for Old Men is back at the theatre here too.

Offline iPPi

  • Senior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3,159
  • Roar!
Re: There Will be Blood
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 10:56:17 AM »
Finally got a chance to watch this.  Daniel Day Lewis steals the show.  The movie itself is nothing terribly remarkable, but Daniel Day Lewis makes the movie really good.

Offline Ghandi

  • Senior Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4,804
  • HAMS
Re: There Will be Blood
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2008, 07:01:12 PM »
Saw this today and I agree completely with iPPi, although I did think that the ending was excellent.

Offline MysterD

  • Forum god
  • *
  • Posts: 18,050
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
Re: There Will be Blood
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 09, 2008, 03:17:58 PM »
I got this on rental.
Will watch this 2 hr 40 min flick tonight.

EDIT:
Okay, so it's more like 2 hr 30 mins, heh!

Pyro couldn't have put it any better about this film...
Quote from: Pyro
Holy hell Daniel Day-Lewis is fucking satan. Ive never seen a movie portray a character in such a dark and twisted light like this. Lewis pulled it off flawlessly. That was one hell of a movie, really fucking dark down to the last scene.
Just the way Day-Lewis portrays this guy is unbelievable, from not just what he does, but also the things he says in the flick, such as...
[spoiler]...Namely about not liking people, wanting to makes loads of $ just to move away from people, using his son as a "face" to buy land, the way he talks to his son when the son wants his own company etc etc. Sure, this stuff is written all over Lewis by his actions, when it's not said; but when he actually says these things, after actually doing them -- you definitely know this guy is absolutely pure evil.[/spoiler]

In regards to Ghandi...
Quote from: Ghandi
...I did think that the ending was excellent.
I can look at a bunch a films, such as Gone Baby Gone and No Country For Old Men -- and say I really liked the movie, but the ending just had something still left to be actually desired for me.

I absolutely loved the end of There Will Be Blood. That (very long) final scene was just flat-out absolutely awesome.

Loved the movie.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 09, 2008, 08:26:24 PM by MysterD »