Author Topic: Town Meeting  (Read 9142 times)

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Town Meeting
« Reply #40 on: Friday, February 01, 2008, 07:45:29 PM »
Makes no difference to me as far as coming and going is concerned, as long as you're doing it when I've got the time off so I can actually, you know, pick up or take you.  But yeah, doesn't matter otherwise.  Whatever's cheapest or most convenient.

And Keebs, I'm pretty sure I can only house one.  However, I think it wouldn't be too bad if everybody could chip in for a room.  I think we could probably do that reasonably between 6 of us.  I think it'd end up being like 65 bucks a person total for 5 nights, which is less than the full cost of a single night's stay per person, and if what you said before still stands, you'd only be here for 3 nights, which would be like 40 bucks or so per person.  I believe Idol told me already that he was cool to chip in, but I haven't asked anyone else yet.  Would the rest of you guys be okay with that?  I can try to chip in a little extra if necessary since it's sort of my end that's fucking things up.  I mean, our apartment situation is just kinda' wonky with the neighbors that moved in since you guys were here last.  There's still a chance I can convince Julia to go for it, but staying here is going to be lame anyway and we'll probably be spending more time invading Sy's place since his apartment doesn't suck ass like ours does (sorry Sy).

Either way, I'll make sure we work something out.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #41 on: Friday, February 01, 2008, 08:17:49 PM »
Okay, I purchased my ticket I'll be arriving in Oakland March 25th at 3:00 PM and leaving on April 1st at 1:45 PM.  I'll give flight numbers and stuff closer to the actual date.  I might be able to chip in a little for a hotel room, its hard to say now, but I will try my best to, $40-65 should be doable on my part, I'll put aside a little extra now that I have one of my monthly loans paid off.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 10, 2008, 09:15:41 PM »
I have no idea what my work schedule is going to be after the end of february, but I'm thinking I may be able to make it up that week whichever days I have off, depending what shift I have to work and everything.  It will probably be a bit of a last minute thing.. but I'd like to work out a way to make it happen somehow.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 10, 2008, 09:36:46 PM »
Well, that'd be cool. Maybe we could room you up with Keebs and lower the price of admission a bit more. Let us know, we'll make the extra brownies.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, February 10, 2008, 11:03:34 PM »
Yeah, that'd be awesome.  If these numbers keep up, Idol's going to have a lot of people in his backyard in 2009.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 08:02:35 PM »
Turns out I'll be on midnight shift through at least the end of march.  Not sure about the start of april.  I've asked for Thursday and Friday as my assigned days off for now, so it would be the 26th-28th for me if I can work it out.  I may even see about taking a day off.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 09:08:59 PM »
Cool stuff.

This sort of reminds me. We should do something of a roll call and confirm who's coming (if possible at this point). Then Que and I can start working out the bed and board situation.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 09:12:18 PM »
Cool stuff.

This sort of reminds me. We should do something of a roll call and confirm who's coming (if possible at this point). Then Que and I can start working out the bed and board situation.

Well I'm in for sure as noted by my last post.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, February 24, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »
Also, I should note right now that I will be unavailable to do anything on the 1st of April.  Turns out Julia got a hearing for her disability thing that day, so I'll be going there with her and stuff.  So anyone that needs a ride or whatever is going to have to get it from Sy.  I don't think anyone other than Belmont was even planning on being here that long, so hopefully this isn't a problem.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2008, 06:21:03 AM »
hey can we have a webcam day for people who can't go?  I'll show up!!!
Taken.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, March 13, 2008, 09:39:46 AM »
Also, I should note right now that I will be unavailable to do anything on the 1st of April.  Turns out Julia got a hearing for her disability thing that day, so I'll be going there with her and stuff.  So anyone that needs a ride or whatever is going to have to get it from Sy.  I don't think anyone other than Belmont was even planning on being here that long, so hopefully this isn't a problem.

Goddamnit Que! Now I'll have to cancel my trip.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, March 13, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »
We should get a near-final update on who's coming and when so Que and I can set up picking people up from airports, who's staying where, and that sort of thing.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, March 13, 2008, 05:43:29 PM »
I PMed you and Que my flight info stuff.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, March 13, 2008, 06:02:52 PM »
I think the first three days are going to just be everyone at my place playing the fuck out of whatever games they don't have, heh.  I think it's only idol until Tuesday when Belmont gets here, unless Pyro gets here sooner.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, March 15, 2008, 05:58:41 PM »
Would you guys be interested in going here on one of the days?  I don't know if you guys dig that kind of stuff but I haven't been to a planetarium in years and people say this one is really nice.  If no one is interested its cool, just something I thought I would throw out there.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, March 15, 2008, 06:00:53 PM »
I've haven't been to one in years either.  I'd be down.

Also, just so you guys know and since he didn't post, we're losing Pyro.  He isn't going to be able to make it this year.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, March 15, 2008, 06:28:12 PM »
I havent been to a planetarium since I was in public school. I'd be down with checking it out.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #57 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 02:47:39 AM »
I've haven't been to one in years either.  I'd be down.

Also, just so you guys know and since he didn't post, we're losing Pyro.  He isn't going to be able to make it this year.

Im not so definite on that just yet... which is why I havent posted it. Right now its a total mystery if I go. An enigma, wrapped in clouds of mist and deception.

I hate traveling, Im just going to sacrifice my body, and travel around in spirit, that should solve the problem. Though communicating with the living will be the next obstacle to get around.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #58 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 07:40:31 AM »
Maybe you could possess each of us at intervals, using our bodies in a horrible, blasphemous ritual of doom on a rotating schedule.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #59 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 04:14:11 PM »
Except between the hours of 4-8PM. Thats idol time!

Finishing packing. Ugh...I know I'm forgetting something. This is my personal OCD, I check things a million times.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, March 22, 2008, 08:51:57 PM »
So... idol's here!  We're waiting on Belmont, who should get here Tuesday.

Anyway, it's been fun already.  Since idol was here I had him help me grab a new TV, which you can read about in the other thread.  It's awesome.  Mostly we've just been goofing off with that and download PS3 stuff.  Good times.

Idol helped me carry the thing in the house and everything, and we got it set up and played some Burnout Paradise.  It was pretty awesome, but since it was running in 480p (no component cables) it made us all feel kind of sick.  We went out for dinner and stuff later and then bought some component cables for the PS3 and 360, and then everything ran in my TV's full 720p, which was fucking gorgeous (it's a 42" TV, so 1080p just seemed unnecessary since I got such a good deal on this model).  We were very happy.  So far we've spent way too much time playing with it, and we've done a little 40K model stuff for good measure.

Here are a few pictures of the new set just for fun:

With flash:

What it actually looked like:

TV actually looks quite small in the pictures, but that's deceptive.  It's more or less as big as you'd want for this room.  50" would be too big, and even 46" would be pushing it.  I'm glad we ended up going with the 42".  Anything else would result in frequent headaches.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 05:21:33 PM »
That looks nice man, congrats on the purchase.  I'm planning on bringing Guilty Gear Accent Core if you guys are down for that, do I need to bring over any extra controllers?  On a side note, I was kind of worried yesterday because I had been sick with a cold or flu since Tuesday, but I seem to have gotten over it when I woke up today.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, March 23, 2008, 08:40:56 PM »
Kick ass.  And yes, we are down with that, and no extra controllers are necessary.  We're all stocked and junk.  Well, at least if this is the PS2 version you're talking about.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #63 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 09:52:26 AM »
AH crap..sorry i couldnt make it this year or actually come on to tell you guys. I just moved and it took over 2 weeks to get internet so my on-line time has been limited. I've had to make due with an hour or two each day at the nearby internet cafe. I couldnt make it because of this move and cause of class. Definitely be there next year tho! have fun guys!
Suck it, Pugnate.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #64 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 11:21:47 AM »
Oh well. We missed you (and not just because you were going to buy us food). We were wondering what happened though and it's good to know you're around.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #65 on: Friday, March 28, 2008, 12:48:22 PM »
In that room, Que has efficiently displayed as much cool shit as possible per square inch. :)

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #66 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 07:22:59 PM »
I am home now. On one hand, happy to be off the damn train and sleeping in my own bed tonight. On the other...I still want to be in CA.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 31, 2008, 10:18:11 PM »
And we still wish you were here.  Life has been left just that much darker and less happy with your absence, but I guess we'll just have to carry on.

It's all quiet here right now except for the fucking neighbors.  Having you guys here was awesome because even when they were noisy, I couldn't hear it.  Now I'm beginning to think that my recent sickness is due to an ulcer since I've had to listen to so much of their bullshit.  Fucking hell.  They've been running their garbage disposal for like 2 minutes now... that thing's going to fucking catch on fire.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, April 01, 2008, 08:56:51 AM »
Somehow I missed the updates here over the past week or more.  That game room is awesome.  I'm green with envy.  Who's who there?  Is that the back of idol's head on the right?  720p is all you can get out of Burnout Paradise anyway.  There are a few loud complainers with old 1080i sets that can't do 720p on their forums.

I hope everyone had a great time during the meet.  I want more details and pix, even though my internet is so poor they'll take ages to load.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, April 01, 2008, 09:16:39 PM »
Well, Belmont should be walking through his front door any moment now and the festivities are officially over. It was a good year and we managed to do a lot of stuff despite succumbing to our laziness a couple of days.

I hope everyone had a good time and thanks for coming. Aimee and I enjoyed our company (even if it made a dick joke every chance it got).

Next time I think we're going to do a little side trip to Monterey so we can see a bit more out of immediate neighborhood (provided Que and I play host again). So plan ahead, it'll be fun.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, April 01, 2008, 09:26:12 PM »
Well I meant to post earlier when I got home around 9 PM Central time but the message boards kept timing out on me.  Anyways, yeah I'm home and I'm already missing you guys, but I had a blast and plan to do it again as soon as possible.  Thank you guys for letting me stay at your place and playing host, that was the most fun I've had in awhile.  I'll post a Picasa or Photobucket link or something with some pics sometime in the next few days.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, April 02, 2008, 12:09:32 AM »
Send your shit to me if you can... just zip it up and gmail it to me or something.  I'm hoping to get a nice bloggish thing happening like I did for OWmeet 2007.  I made a big post about it right before the boards went down... but it appears everything is working again now.  Anyway, I'll hopefully get started on all that tomorrow.  But I need more pictures!  Gives them to me!

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, April 03, 2008, 01:22:07 PM »
I've set up a Picasa album for the meet pics.  If anyone still wants the 311 MB rar file of all the pics, I can send it.  Sorry if some of the pics suck, I'm not amazing with a camera.  A couple of the pics in the album are sideways, I'll fix them later, but I'm just getting these up for now.  I need Que's and Sy's pics sometime, especially the one of the pigeon and the group pics.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, April 03, 2008, 06:54:24 PM »
Jelly Belly and pizza? Man, I wish I could have stayed a few days longer!

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #74 on: Friday, April 04, 2008, 01:12:42 AM »
Looks like a lot of fun. :)

Did someone make that asian dish with the noodles and whatnot or was that ordered from a restaurant? It looks delicious.

Offline TheOtherBelmont

• Post-aholic
« Reply #75 on: Friday, April 04, 2008, 02:32:40 AM »
Looks like a lot of fun. :)

Did someone make that asian dish with the noodles and whatnot or was that ordered from a restaurant? It looks delicious.

There's a Thai Buddhist temple near Sy's place that has food every weekend for donations to the temple.  So no, it wasn't ordered from a restaurant they were cooking it in these huge pots and it was awesome.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #76 on: Friday, April 04, 2008, 11:07:44 AM »
Damn.  You got possibly the worst collection of pictures of me ever.  Don't make me cut you.

But yes, gmail me the RAR if you would.  I should use a few of those for the bloggy thing.

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #77 on: Friday, April 04, 2008, 03:00:28 PM »
At least you got the fat loot picture to make up for stuff.