Author Topic: Left 4 Dead  (Read 43555 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
Re: Left 4 Dead THREAD -- Update: IGN Review added
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 04:57:02 AM »
I started to have a lot more fun with it on higher difficulties in the later days, but I still can't justify the price.  That shit needs to drop.

I'll see you online when it is $25 or so.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 08:02:57 PM »
It seems sad at how much the game got delayed and how much lack of content there is. Then again, theres been some overhauls in the game as well that Ive seen during development.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
  • OWNet 4 Eternity & Beyond
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 07:02:23 PM »
8.5 for X360 Version from GameSpot
Video review
Written review

Pretty much, the same story we've seen from the other reviews -- they think L4D is great, but it only has 4 campaign maps.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 11:42:00 PM »
Definite pass for me then.  Knowing me, I'd get sick of playing the same maps really fast.  I'm not one of those people who can rack up 800 hours playing a couple maps in an online game, with friends or otherwise.  Unless it's Quake.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: Friday, November 21, 2008, 12:45:47 AM »
That's the thing, people are all like "It only has 4 maps, but you just know that in six months it'll have like 5 more".  9 STARTS.  Seriously?  Give it fucking 4 stars and in six months throw down the other 5. 

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #85 on: Friday, November 21, 2008, 01:12:33 AM »
And is it just me, or was there a time when people could properly develop a cohesive game and include more than a couple maps and modes, especially if taking a really long time to do it?  It seems like Valve's philosophy is "Let's make a game, delay it twenty times and allow it to come out a billion years after it's announced, then include insignificant quantities of content and trickle in random bits as we go instead."  It's hard to argue with their success, but just what are they doing in the studio day in and day out?  Other companies can crank out stuff of the same quality in half the time with twice the content.  Apparently people are fine with this, and I guess that's cool, but that's exactly what I don't want out of a game, even if I don't have to pay for the extra stuff.  If I buy a game, I really need it to feel reasonably complete.

I don't want to get on another anti-Valve rant, because I don't think they're the devil incarnate or anything, but I do see this as a weird trend with them.  Granted, they do make a high-quality product 9 times out of 10, or maybe even 10 times out of 10, just in terms of polish and stability and what have you.  But seriously, what do they sit around doing all day?  It really doesn't seem like a lot of this stuff should take so long.  Like how the Behemoth took so long getting Castle Crashers out the door and it still shipped with crippling bugs.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #86 on: Friday, November 21, 2008, 08:01:14 AM »
So who here has bought this so far?

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #87 on: Friday, November 21, 2008, 10:05:19 AM »
To go with what Que said, I think the problem is actually the Source engine itself. From everything I've read from mod developers and pro devs that have used it, it's simply a pain in the ass to work with. Importing a model is a 27 step process. The map format is outdated and very difficult to make things look organic (plus the size <LOADING> limits). The lighting is also outdated. The code itself is a mishmash of different stuff and not well documented. Go on ModDB and look at the huge list of Source mods. Now look at how many are released and of any quality. I've seen tons of mods drop Source, and even Natural Selection 2 licensed the engine and has since dumped it.

I think thats why Valve is so slow to release stuff, and when they do its limited. It just takes so much work to get stuff done in the engine and have it look good. People point at how great Valves games look and use that as proof of how great the Source engine is. I think thats completely wrong. That shows how great Valves artists are, despite the engine they are chained to. I would love to see Valves artists let loose on a modern engine without all the silly limitations. You put Half Life 3 on id Tech 5 and you will see some amazing shit.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #88 on: Friday, November 21, 2008, 10:47:26 AM »
Yea that part just really bewilders me. It really looks like ass, and is quite ancient in every other way... yet reviewers and gamers across the net continue to suck the source engine's cock.

I don't understand it.

I swear I heard some PC GAMER editors claim Episode 2 looked as good as COD4 or Crysis...

The game looked like ass. The only things the engine still does exceptionally well at this stage are the character models and character facial animations. Everything else sucks about that engine... yet the valve pole is polished by fanboys every day.

What I also don't understand is all the extreme fanboyistic loyalty, that Valve generates. The fanboys aren't able to hear anything negative about the company... I don't even mean the level of hate Que used to dish out... I just mean normal criticism. You say anything you don't like about a Valve game on a PC gaming forum, and a hundred fanboys will jump at you.

And any of the low points about Valve/STEAM are automatically turned into positives. I once said, "Well, I don't mind STEAM, but I still like the extras I get when I buy from retail."

Among the tons of replies I received, there was one something along the lines of, "Well, think of all the good Valve is doing for the environment by cutting down the need for paper!"

Another time I questioned the fact that Valve wasn't pricing its games lower despite saving lots of money by eliminating retail, and someone replied, "Well, if you are going to pay full price, would you rather it goes to an brick and mortar store? Or a great company like Valve???" This was the same guy who had been talking about lower prices because of digital downloading.

I was dumbfounded. I actually came to realize that the Valve fanboys were worse than the Nintendo fanboys... which is quite an achievement for them.

I guess these guys see Valve as one of the last heroes of their platform... which is why to them, when Valve poops, it isn't shit... it is chocolate!

I hate to say it, but it is a similar thing with Stardock -- though not nearly as severe.

Stardock comes out with the most self serving statements, and the fanboys keep eating them up since they see Stardock as a champion for their cause.

It reminds me of my university, Brock. They were medium sized, so they'd wear that like a badge of honor. At every instance, Brock Univ. would market the fact that since they were smaller than the bigwigs, they provided a really personal experience....bla bla bla... they talked about it at every instance... it was nauseating... as if they were smaller by choice.

Guess what? At first opportunity, Brock University exploded in terms of growth. Now they are pretty big and obviously never cared for being smaller.

I am sure that as soon as Stardock gets the opportunity, it will grab the chance to become a massive profit earning entity.

Whenever they come out with self congratulatory statements, they always tout at least one characteristic of theirs as positive, when it is anything but, and has nothing to do with anything... yet it has everything to do with them.... and the fanboys eat it up.

For example, that bill of rights stuff had certain points that gamers wouldn't really give a rat's ass about... yet those points were on the list because they suited Stardock. Some of those points actually made me laugh out loud, because they were features of Stardock that made no sense and felt totally out of place on that list.

I believe that Stardock doesn't really give a shit about gamers -- well not as much as they claim to -- and much of their anti DRM hype is basically a marketing strategy. They are basically pretending to be one of us, and I've already started to notice with some features of Impulse, that Stardock's convictions are only as good as they... as a company... need them to be.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #89 on: Friday, November 21, 2008, 03:09:57 PM »
Yea that part just really bewilders me. It really looks like ass, and is quite ancient in every other way... yet reviewers and gamers across the net continue to suck the source engine's cock.

I don't understand it.

I swear I heard some PC GAMER editors claim Episode 2 looked as good as COD4 or Crysis...
You have got to be kidding me.

The game looked like ass. The only things the engine still does exceptionally well at this stage are the character models and character facial animations. Everything else sucks about that engine... yet the valve pole is polished by fanboys every day.

What I also don't understand is all the extreme fanboyistic loyalty, that Valve generates. The fanboys aren't able to hear anything negative about the company... I don't even mean the level of hate Que used to dish out... I just mean normal criticism. You say anything you don't like about a Valve game on a PC gaming forum, and a hundred fanboys will jump at you.

And any of the low points about Valve/STEAM are automatically turned into positives. I once said, "Well, I don't mind STEAM, but I still like the extras I get when I buy from retail."
I like physical manuals and stuff -- but a lot of Valve's own Steam-based games barely come with nothing but a piece of cardboard w/ your hotkeys on them and the Steam activation key.

Among the tons of replies I received, there was one something along the lines of, "Well, think of all the good Valve is doing for the environment by cutting down the need for paper!"
That's a good point, but really -- Valve ain't puttin' crap in the game boxes b/c they would prefer you buy straight from Steam itself.

Another time I questioned the fact that Valve wasn't pricing its games lower despite saving lots of money by eliminating retail, and someone replied, "Well, if you are going to pay full price, would you rather it goes to an brick and mortar store? Or a great company like Valve???" This was the same guy who had been talking about lower prices because of digital downloading.
Wasn't there something about retailers not wanting to stock games on shelves if the same game would be cheaper upon release on digital distribution places like Steam?

I was dumbfounded. I actually came to realize that the Valve fanboys were worse than the Nintendo fanboys... which is quite an achievement for them.
LOL.

I guess these guys see Valve as one of the last heroes of their platform... which is why to them, when Valve poops, it isn't shit... it is chocolate!
I think Valve has excellent production values on their games -- but lately, they ain't been packing much content in their games. Not only that, but it takes forever for them to develop and release a damn game.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #90 on: Friday, November 21, 2008, 08:15:29 PM »
Very, very insightful posts idol and Pug.  I concur.  Even as a loyal Stardock supporter because I like their general stances on things and think they work hard to put out quality products at decent prices, I do realize that the ideologies only go so far (my fake theme song for Wardell was very much a joke).  I've never felt that Valve was a bad developer either, on the other hand, I just don't like some of the stuff that they're pushing and can't always justify paying for games that don't have as much content as I want.  I wouldn't really even have much beef with them if it wasn't for how much they get their cocks sucked.  That's the crap that pushes me over the edge.  Not just because something is popular, but because people spend so much time doting on it that they ignore so much else that's going on, laying the money in one spot instead of the 80 other places that need it and probably deserve it more three times over.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Last Edit: Friday, November 21, 2008, 08:23:34 PM by Quemaqua »

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #92 on: Friday, November 21, 2008, 08:24:15 PM »
Sorry, D, I'm putting my foot down.  And not just because seeing that much of Gabe Newell spread across the boards makes me a little sick to my stomach.

Anyway, point being: the link is sufficient.  Entire article quotes are unnecessary.

EDIT - And you know, I just looked at a bunch of screens for this, and it strikes me as remarkable how bad it looks.  Not because it's like this awful looking thing, and I'll bet you a hundred bucks it animates a hell of a lot better than the stills look, but... jeez.  This engine hasn't aged well.  The textures are ugly, the hands/guns look really weak, and most of the models look quite bad (with exception of the human models, where I think the design helps make up for lacking tech a bit).  And again, this may sound like me just harshing for no reason, but it actually surprised me a little.  For some reason I had really thought it would look better than this.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #93 on: Friday, November 21, 2008, 08:36:36 PM »
Fair enough, Que.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #94 on: Friday, November 21, 2008, 11:04:12 PM »
It was late when I wrote that. I can't say I am completely convinced that Stardock isn't 100% sincere. Perhaps they are, and yet they say what they must to sell their brand. While I am suspicious of them... well who knows.

There is one company I am quite convinced is 100% for its customers, and not the bottom line -- well not as much --, and that is CD Projekt. Really, those guys are so awesome. To release that "enhanced edition" and then make it a free download as well was just excellent on their part.

Before The Witcher, they spent their time making Polish versions of games like Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale, and NWN. That makes me really happy.

I wouldn't really even have much beef with them if it wasn't for how much they get their cocks sucked.

Ahh I get the hate now. Yea, that's it. While they are good, the PC fans make them out to be gods.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 04:12:00 AM »
A common symptom of the wretched disease: fanboyism.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 07:48:39 AM »
It was late when I wrote that. I can't say I am completely convinced that Stardock isn't 100% sincere. Perhaps they are, and yet they say what they must to sell their brand. While I am suspicious of them... well who knows.

There is one company I am quite convinced is 100% for its customers, and not the bottom line -- well not as much --, and that is CD Projekt. Really, those guys are so awesome. To release that "enhanced edition" and then make it a free download as well was just excellent on their part.

Before The Witcher, they spent their time making Polish versions of games like Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale, and NWN. That makes me really happy.
Yes, I think CDPR is one of my fav companies out there right now. I really can't wait to see what their next game is that they're gonna announce in 2009, myself.

My guess -- Witcher Expansion or Witcher 2.

Ahh I get the hate now. Yea, that's it. While they are good, the PC fans make them out to be gods.
That's the thing; Valve are NOT Gods, but people treat them like they are such. A lot of their games -- namely in the HL series -- leave so many dangling threads per episode, you just can't help but scratch your head and wonder how much better they would be if the game was more complete in the story department. I mean, it's not like their dialogue and characters suck; I love their characters and dialogue. Yet, people still flock over them like they're the last great PC game designers -- like them and Blizzard are the last great PC game designers -- which they both ain't, there are a good handful of others out there.

Valve sure has done a lot for digital distribution -- and unfortunately, Steam is one of the least intrusive DRM schemes today; which is what I was hoping would NOT happen, since back in the days, an Internet check for a SP game was unheard of until HL2 came out. It basically popularized that gimmick, for better or worse -- for worse, if you ask me. Worst of all, Valve is now accepting 3rd party DRM limits on EA's games on Steam (Crysis: Warhead over STEAM gets five installs) and some others online too have it (5 install limit on STALKER: Clear Sky over STEAM) -- at least Steam tells you of the limits, on the Steam game's site where you go to buy it online.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 10:29:40 AM »
Played this at a friend's house... man is it awesome. I wouldn't pay $60 for it, but $40 would be a price I'd be willing to perhaps go for.

Yes the maps are few, but they are well designed, and the "director" -- the dungeon master of the game if you will -- is fantastic at making every play through a unique experience. I really love this.

The engine does show its age, but they haven't done a bad job.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 11:19:47 AM »
Haven't played this yet but my bro did just finish CoDWaW and you get a little "Nazi Zombie" bonus at the end! It' basically L4D but in a WW2 Zombified setting!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 04:38:46 PM »
Haven't played this yet but my bro did just finish CoDWaW and you get a little "Nazi Zombie" bonus at the end! It' basically L4D but in a WW2 Zombified setting!

Does COD: WAW's Zombie portion have more maps than L4D? :P

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 06:43:57 PM »
Does COD: WAW's Zombie portion have more maps than L4D? :P
No idea, but I was impressed with that one bonus aspect of the game. I haven't played anything beyond the first chapter but my brother (who loves CoD) enjoyed it so much he went through the whole thing in a couple of sittings; I'd peek in occasionally just to see how it progressed. Overall it's just more CoD WW2.

Is L4D basically a pro-developed Zombie Panic! Source?

Btw, the zombie theme seems to be the big thing this year. Everything's going zombie!

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »
And yet the ultimate zombie game is still trapped in my head because nobody's willing to fucking pay me for it.  Stupid game companies.  With idol at my side, the idea could not fail with a competent development team behind it.  If only someone with lots of money would realize that.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 06:55:54 AM »
And yet the ultimate zombie game is still trapped in my head because nobody's willing to fucking pay me for it.  Stupid game companies.  With idol at my side, the idea could not fail with a competent development team behind it.  If only someone with lots of money would realize that.
I sincerely believe that the two of you can put together a concept for an entertaining zombie game! You can pitch it to publishers and hopefully it'll get picked up.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 08:10:11 AM »
I sincerely believe that the two of you can put together a concept for an entertaining zombie game! You can pitch it to publishers and hopefully it'll get picked up.

I agree that Idol and Que would come up with an a kick-ass zombie game.

Hmmm...would the game have slow zombies and fast zombies? Or just one of the two kinds?

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 08:16:27 AM »
I agree that Idol and Que would come up with an a kick-ass zombie game.

Hmmm...would the game have slow zombies and fast zombies? Or just one of the two kinds?

Baslphemy! Fast Zombies?! Que and Idol would never accept such a ridiculous idea!

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 09:22:02 AM »
Baslphemy! Fast Zombies?! Que and Idol would never accept such a ridiculous idea!

Yeah, you got a point...They're probably more into the original zombie style.

Though, when it comes to fantasy-fiction, I think anything's possible...fast zombies, slow zombies, any whatever else kind of zombies. :P

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 09:45:02 AM »
Slow zombies, absolutely.  I've detailed my idea for the ultimate top-down zombie shooter (more arcade style) here before, but after reading through the Zombie Survival Guide I got another idea that would, quite literally, be the ultimate zombie game ever made in every capacity.  It would need a good dev team as balancing would be a huge chunk of the work, and they'd probably need a lot of experience with military games, but... hot damn, it would be the best game ever, no other game like it.  I can't believe how overlooked the possibilities of zombies still go even today where they seem to pop up everywhere.  No original ideas, or even logical extrapolations into new, deeper territory.  It' s sad, because the potential is huge.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #107 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 06:22:46 AM »
Dammit, this L4D was $19.99 on Amazon today for PC.
And I don't see that price up anymore for the PC version.
Must've sold out from Amazon.com (directly).

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #108 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 07:14:07 AM »
As tempted as I am to play L4D I'm gonna wait on it. If it's comparable to TF2 or Counter-Strike it'll last, and chances are I'll get a much better deal if I wait. Maybe as part of special package or something.

I can get some zombie satisfaction from ZP:S for now.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, December 02, 2008, 02:51:36 PM »
Gabe Newell throws the hammer down on crummy DRM schemes in this article.

When it comes to DRM, it seems that Valve president Gabe Newell is one of those in the game biz who wears a white hat.

That is to say, he espouses a reasonable approach, one that is not a de facto screwing of game consumers.

In an e-mail to a gamer by the name of Paul Reisinger (posted on the ih8evilstuff LiveJournal page), Newell writes:

Quote from: Gabe Newell
Left 4 Dead is developed entirely by Valve. Steam revenue for our games is not shared with third parties. Around the world we have a number of distribution partners to handle retail distribution of our games (i.e. make discs and boxes). EA is one of those partners.

As far as DRM goes, most DRM strategies are just dumb. The goal should be to create greater value for customers through service value (make it easy for me to play my games whenever and wherever I want to), not by decreasing the value of a product (maybe I'll be able to play my game and maybe I won't).

We really really discourage other developers and publishes from using the broken DRM offerings, and in general there is a groundswell to abandon those approaches.

If Gabe really dislikes most DRM's so much, why the hell does he allow on his Steam some 3rd party games to KEEP their proposed Securom Install Number Limits?

Oh, I know -- it's not his company's game (Valve) that developed the game, so all he cares about is making the $$$ off 3rd party games from Steam.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, December 02, 2008, 03:41:13 PM »
It's common knowledge that a lot of what Gabe Newell says is just hot air. It's a shame because some of it sounds good but it's worthless.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, December 02, 2008, 07:50:32 PM »
It's common knowledge that a lot of what Gabe Newell says is just hot air.

Protip - he isn't that big because he's so full of good ideas.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 03:06:29 AM »
Gabe Newell throws the hammer down on crummy DRM schemes in this article.

If Gabe really dislikes most DRM's so much, why the hell does he allow on his Steam some 3rd party games to KEEP their proposed Securom Install Number Limits?

Oh, I know -- it's not his company's game (Valve) that developed the game, so all he cares about is making the $$$ off 3rd party games from Steam.

Is that a real question? I am pretty sure Impulse will do the same thing. They aren't running a charity here. They need publishers to use their services because the cost of maintaining something like that can't be cheap.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 04:55:42 PM »
Is that a real question?
No, it's rhetorical.

I am pretty sure Impulse will do the same thing. They aren't running a charity here. They need publishers to use their services because the cost of maintaining something like that can't be cheap.
Impulse IS doing it now.
Sacred 2 over Impulse STILL has its Securom install limits imposed.

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, December 03, 2008, 11:04:29 PM »
Im still on the fence about picking this up. I was listening to Gamers with jobs and they had some pretty positive things to say about it, plus you seemed to like what played right Pug? 40$ sounds something I could go on a limb on, 50$... I dont know. I dont play multiplayer like I do anymore so Id probably mess with bots for a while and stop playing. I'd probably go for it if I could play with you guys.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, December 04, 2008, 12:33:14 AM »
To be fair I only played a few hours, and I don't know how old it will get. I'll probably be going over this weekend, so I can play for the day online. Let's see.

But what I played was a lot of fun.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 05:53:22 PM »
Zero Punctuation. Not his funniest.

Offline MysterD

• Forum god
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 06:01:10 PM »
Zero Punctuation. Not his funniest.

Agreed.
Not his funniest.

The Mirror's Edge line at the end was funny, though. :)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 11:09:21 AM »
So I played more of the game.

Damn it is awesome. It is just sweet... and I've been playing it on Xbox live at a friend's place -- haven't tried it on PC yet, which I can imagine is a lot more fun. The biggest surprise for me is the engine, which just looks a lot nicer. The game has those epic "you are four guys covered by a 100 crazy zombies" moments that really make the whole thing so exciting.

I still can't say what price it is truly worth, but even if you overpay for it, you should at the very least have a fun time.

Offline angrykeebler

• Veteran
« Reply #119 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 07:49:51 PM »
I just want to chime in and voice my support of this game. I had no interest in this until some friends of mine bought it for me for my bday. Even then it sat on my desk for a week while i played WoW. i finally decided to give it a shot and havent been able to put it down. I got through the single player in a night and am having a blast with the co-op online. Hands down the BEST co-op shooter i have ever played.

3 of you need to buy this so we can play. It will be good times, I promise
Suck it, Pugnate.