Author Topic: TOM CRUISE IS CRAZY AS HELL  (Read 11289 times)

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
TOM CRUISE IS CRAZY AS HELL
« on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 02:16:06 PM »
http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=3383

The video that was shown at the scientology award ceremony when Tom Cruise was presented with the IAS Freedom Medal of Valor in 2006 has shown up on-line, and although it's getting ripped down as fast as it's put up, you can see it here or download it here. If I had to describe it with one word, it would be oh-my-fucking-god. These people are nuts. At one point he says something to the effect of, "when a scientologist drives by an accident, we have to stop, because we know we're the only ones who can help". Um, or feel free to call 911. Because being trapped under a car and then seeing Tom Cruise run up is just about the most horrible mental image I've ever had. I would seriously just fake my own death at that point.

hahahahaha

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
Re: TOM CRUISE IS CRAZY AS HELL
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 05:57:54 PM »
Scientology: We're crazier than fucking Pentecostals and Snake-Handlers put together.

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 06:04:49 PM »
Scientology makes the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster look like a legitimate religion.

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »
The Church of the Flying Spaghetti monster *is* legit, you heathen.

I'm so getting that stripper factory when I die.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 06:16:11 PM »
 :o  Awesome.  If he were wearing shitty clothes, hadn't showered in a few weeks, and was holding a $2 bottle of wine in a paper sack on a street corner he would like any other babbling crazy bum.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 06:54:59 PM »
Truly inspiring. I like how the video was heavily edited, and yet he still sounds batshit insane.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »
he's in for a big surprise when reality hits him big time.
Taken.

Offline Antares

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 07:25:06 PM »
The sad thing is that he has enough money and fame, reality will probably never catch up with him.

Offline Raisa

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
it will.. on his deathbed.. when it's too  late to do anything else...  it's oddly satisfying to know that haha! evilness.
Taken.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 09:18:23 AM »
I doubt it Raisa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7191355.stm

Yea he has gone crazy. More on that vid W&C posted:

Cruise scientology video leaked

Tom Cruise on the video
Cruise became involved in Scientology in 1990

Tom Cruise clip
A four-year-old video of Tom Cruise talking about his Scientology beliefs has been leaked onto the internet.

Cruise is shown discussing how he wants to spread the message of Scientology, saying: "You're in the playing field or out of the arena".

In the video, which features the Mission Impossible theme, he says a Scientologist driving past an accident is "the only one who can really help".

Last week, Cruise's lawyer branded a biography of the actor "sick stuff".

Bert Fields said Tom Cruise: An Unauthorised Biography by British author Andrew Morton - published in the US on Tuesday - was full of "tired old lies".

They included the "nutty" claim that Cruise was second-in-command at the Church of Scientology, he added.

'Drug rehabilitation'

In the nine-minute video, which has appeared on websites including video-sharing site YouTube, Cruise says: "Being a Scientologist, when you drive past an accident it's not like anyone else.

It's rough and tumble and it's wild and woolly and it's a blast
Tom Cruise on Scientology

"As you drive past, you know you have to do something about it because you know you're the only one that can really help."

He said of being a Scientologist: "It's rough and tumble and it's wild and woolly and it's a blast.

"It's a blast. It really is fun because there is nothing better than going out there and fighting the fight and suddenly you see things are better."

He added: "We are the authorities on getting people off drugs, we are the authorities on the mind, we are the authorities on improving conditions... we can rehabilitate criminals... we can bring peace and unite communities."

'In or out'

Cruise said he wished "the world was a different place" and that he would "like to go on vacation and go and play".

"That's what I want to be and there's times I'd like to do that but I can't because I know. I know."

He said Scientologists had no time for "spectatorism" but instead had "a responsibility to educate and create the new reality".

"You are either in or you're out," he said.

He added: "We have that responsibility to say, 'Hey, this is the way it should be done because we do it this way and people are actually getting better and let's get it done'.

"Let's really get it done - let's have enough love and compassion and toughness that we're going to do it and do it right."

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 09:32:26 AM »
Look I wish the world was a different place....I like to go on vacation and go and....romp and play and....just do that...you know what I mean. That's what I want it to be. You know there's times I'd like to do that.....but I can't....because....I know. I know. So I...you know, you know I have to do something about it. It's not...you know you can sit here and wish it was different and then you look at it and you go "ok this is it" allright ok and there's that moment that you go "you know I have to do something don't I? I have to do it because I can't live with myself if I don't and that really is it

So where do I sign up?

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 09:42:38 AM »
I actually have a question about Scientology.

They follow stuff written by some writer from not 50 years ago or something right? He wrote something about aliens visiting in the past and coming back some day. I think they even have specific names for those aliens.

My question is, how the hell did this guy know all this? Fine, you look at Christianity and Islam, they are based on information revealed to prophets by god. You may or may not believe in god, but for those who do, direct communication with a prophet sounds like an acceptable basis for those who believe.

The person who started Scientology... where the hell did he come up with his info? How did he know about aliens?

Offline PyroMenace

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 09:49:52 AM »
Why do you ask these questions?

and why are you quoting me?

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 09:55:10 AM »
The person who started Scientology... where the hell did he come up with his info? How did he know about aliens?
it's really not worth looking into, as i'm sure you know he was a science fiction writer who once went on record as saying, "I’d like to start a religion. That’s where the money is".

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 10:02:26 AM »
Yea I wasn't 100% sure he was a sci fi fiction writer, and wanted to confirm, because that's crazy... to follow a fiction writer's religion.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »
Yea I wasn't 100% sure he was a sci fi fiction writer, and wanted to confirm, because that's crazy... to follow a fiction writer's religion.
well, they do use what is essentially brain washing, often with the assistance of drugs in the indoctrination. also, one of the main parts of their religious practice is based around what is essentially hypnotism - so i'm guessing the level of choice may be somewhat diminished in these people.

as far as believing in all that xenu stuff goes, i'm not really sure how much of it is meant to be taken literally. scientology is far more about the cleansing of the pysche than it is about all that usual religious shit. it's actually quite similar to buddhism in some ways, but with the very evil undertone of charging people for this "spiritual peace" (along with all the other shady practices).

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 04:15:34 PM »
More on that vid W&C posted:
Puuug? You posted the video. I just posted a demotivator about Cruise's rantings.

It's not entirely clear what Scientologists actually believe. They're extremely secretive about their religion, to the point that most of their members don't know what the Church is about. They certainly don't share this information with outsiders.

The "aliens" you refer to are probably the ones mentioned in the Xenu story. The Church won't confirm if the Xenu story is actual Church doctrine - but their lawyers will. In 1994, someone posted some confidential Church documents on alt.religion.scientology. (Said documents are now called the Fishman affidavit.) Lawyers for the Church of Scientology sued, just as you'd expect - not for libel or defamation, but for trade secret and copyright infringement.

You're not supposed to claim copyright on something that you don't own the copyright to, and you're not supposed to claim a trade secret unless you have a trade secret. Either the Church lawyers made false legal filings (which is quite possible), or the Fishman affidavit is legitimate.

Getting back to your question, "How the fuck do they know about aliens?," the answer is that Scientology is a fairly standard new age cult. There are quite a few of these in North America (although fortunately they represent less than 1% of the population), and they're rather similar. Most of them are a mash-up of reincarnation, psychic powers, and extraterrestrials.

L. Ron Hubbard, the Founder of Scientology, probably learned about Xenu using his INCREDIBLE PSYCHIC POWARS, through a combination of past-life regression and cosmic awareness.

(Scientologists believe that humans can develop SUPAR MAGIC POWARS, especially if they give a lot of money to the Church. This is part of the reason that Tom Cruise is so fucked up and delusional.)

well, they do use what is essentially brain washing, often with the assistance of drugs in the indoctrination. also, one of the main parts of their religious practice is based around what is essentially hypnotism - so i'm guessing the level of choice may be somewhat diminished in these people.
Do you have a cite for that? Scientologists take a pretty hardline stance against drugs.

Also, hypnotism is near-total bullshit.

Offline beo

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 05:00:44 PM »
from http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

"Benzedrine often helps a case run." ("Run a case" = administer Dianetics or Scientology procedures to someone)

* L. Ron Hubbard, "The Intensive Processing Procedure," 1950

obviously it's difficult to tell how legitimate this quote is.

as for hypnotism being bullshit - well yeah, could be, i really have no opinion on that. i just remember watching a video (which i think was posted here), about a bunch of ex-scientologists where they described how they would be put into some kind of trance like state during sessions. it's a good while since i've seen the video, but it seemed a lot like what is commonly referred to as being hypnotised - going into a highly suggestible state, the giving up of secrets - that kind of stuff. how real this is, is again, pretty much impossible to verify due to the highly secretive nature of scientology.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 01:21:22 AM »
"Benzedrine often helps a case run." ("Run a case" = administer Dianetics or Scientology procedures to someone)

* L. Ron Hubbard, "The Intensive Processing Procedure," 1950
obviously it's difficult to tell how legitimate this quote is.
The quote is probably legit. It's fairly well-known that L. Ron loved amphetamines. (That's why I laugh every time Cruise mentions Ritalin. Pharmacologically, Ritalin (methylphenidate) is just kiddy amphetamines.)

But that quote obviously means that auditors should be huffing speed, not everyday Scientologists.

Offline WindAndConfusion

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 11:49:24 PM »
More Tom Cruise craziness.

In fact, I daresay this video is even crazier than the first one.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 11:30:57 PM »
The Church of the Flying Spaghetti monster *is* legit, you heathen.

I'm so getting that stripper factory when I die.

Don't forget the beer volcanoes... I've also been touched by his noodly appendage.

Ramen.
The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...

Offline Ghandi

• HAMS
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 11:35:49 PM »
Tell me more about these beer volcanoes....I think that I may be a future convert, depending on the type of beer that spews forth.

Offline Ace_O_Spades

• Poster Child
« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 25, 2008, 11:51:39 PM »
Tell me more about these beer volcanoes....I think that I may be a future convert, depending on the type of beer that spews forth.

Any kind of beer you want... Rivers of it.

And yes, stripper factories galore!

The CONtrast
...Is the conTRAST
to THE contrast...