Author Topic: Zero Punctuation does Crysis  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Jedi

• Poster Child
Zero Punctuation does Crysis
« on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »
I found this funny but I have't played the game yet as I don't have a super computer from... space.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
Re: Zero Punctuation does Crysis
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 01:24:19 PM »
Heh, that was pretty good.  That more or less sums up my thoughts on the game even though I haven't played it yet.  But that's all the reasons I'm holding off.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 09:20:05 PM »
Haha pretty good.

It did chug pretty bad, but it was actually a pretty damn good game.  I was expecting FarCry+.  It sort of was, but it was so much more than that.  It was just a lot more fun that FarCry, which was a pretty decent game in its own right.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 16, 2008, 11:05:06 PM »
Haha that was pretty accurate actually :P

COme to think of it, the vehicles were kinda fragile. I didn't mind the Tank segment of the game, but the VTOL segment is very frustrating. It's just not fun. Thankfully it was short.

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 01:52:27 AM »
I laughed my ass off.  I don't know how accurate it is, since I can't possibly play this game.  It sure is funny.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 02:04:15 AM »
I laughed very very hard. Hilarious.

It was an awesome game though, and I disagree on the vehicles being fragile. I didn't find that at all, and the tank mission was probably one of my favorites. Having said that, I did find the futuristic helicopter thing quite frustrating.

On this forum, I can imagine Que really enjoying Crysis, and Cobra not so much. I might be wrong, but I think Cobra is the sort of gamer who prefers a bit more linear variety in shooters, like Half-life? This is why I think when COD4 goes down in price, it will be Cobra's favorite game.

On the subject of Yahtzee... who games does he like? 

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 02:19:10 AM »
What would make you think I would prefer linearity?  All games are linear overall, but my preference is definitely freedom of action over tight stories or scripting.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 02:33:14 AM »
Wait... that was someone else. You actually disliked the scripted events in GoW right?

Oh now I remember who that was. It was Gaz from PC Gamer haha.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 02:48:01 AM »
Technically Crysis is very linear, just with an open approach. I mean the story has to follow a specific plot line, no other way about it, and you (as the main character) can't change that.

The Humvees in Crysis are more like buggies. A minor fender-bender can cause some notable damage. The tanks are heavy duty till you come across RPG soldiers or another tank. That frickin' VTOL is a damn paper airplane that doesn't even fly properly! I have to keep holding space (jump) to keep it airborne! It's just a frustrating bit of equipment.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 03:30:08 AM »
Yea but that's as open ended as shooters get. The Korean phase is as open ended as I've experienced in a shooter.

Ahh... so that's what a VTOL is. Yes, that was really frustrating. :X

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 04:59:51 AM »
Yea but that's as open ended as shooters get. The Korean phase is as open ended as I've experienced in a shooter.

Ahh... so that's what a VTOL is. Yes, that was really frustrating. :X
BioShock was less linear.. Well, it had one line with two endings. Dark Messiah was less linear too. :P

I'm just busting your chops man ;D Linearity doesn't really determine whether a game is good or bad, just options.

Can you fly a VTOL in Mutliplayer? Is it as retarded as the singpleplayer one?

Offline iPPi

• Roar!
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 09:07:44 AM »
Good review, I have yet to play this game though.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 09:08:36 AM »
The VTOL segment did piss me off.  I felt like the thing should fly a lot faster than it did.

It said hold left Shift for boost, but it didn't feel like I was going any faster.  My wingmen left me in the dust.  I was supposed to protect some convoy but it got blown up way before I even got near it.

Offline Xessive

• Gold Member
    • XSV @ deviantART
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 02:26:23 AM »
The VTOL segment did piss me off.  I felt like the thing should fly a lot faster than it did.

It said hold left Shift for boost, but it didn't feel like I was going any faster.  My wingmen left me in the dust.  I was supposed to protect some convoy but it got blown up way before I even got near it.
Yeah that happened to me too! I think it's supposed to get blown up, right? The thing is slow and the "afterburner" does jack squat. The only good thing about is the missile-lock, but those are very limited.

Offline Pugnate

• What? You no like?
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum god
    • OW
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 18, 2008, 07:53:11 AM »
Yea I just rushed through the whole thing ignoring the side quests.