Author Topic: Okam-Wii  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Cobra951

• Gold Member
Okam-Wii
« on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 11:42:20 AM »
Okami may be the first game I actually buy twice.  The Wii enhancements seem to be perfect.  Widescreen, progressive (480p) and most importantly, real brushstrokes.  Joystiq story.

Edit:  Here is an interview with the folks who ported the game.  Short, to the point, and very encouraging.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 15, 2008, 12:09:06 PM by Cobra951 »

Offline idolminds

• ZOMG!
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
Re: Okam-Wii
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 11:59:47 AM »
Its already a given that I will buy this game twice.

Offline JacksRag(e)

« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 01:13:53 PM »
I had no idea the release date was March 25.  That's almost here.  I gotta say I'm excited about it.

Offline scottws

• Gold Member
    • Facebook Me
« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 01:33:07 PM »
I'll probably get it.  Okami is the only reason I still have a PS2 hooked up.

Offline gpw11

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 06:03:20 PM »
Awesome, should I get a Wii I'll probably pick this up then.  The wii-remote for brush strokes didn't entice me at all when I heard about this originally because I can't see it actually adding all that much considering the way the gesture system is set up.  Beyond that, I've enjoyed the Dual Shock for platforming more than the Wii + nunchuck setup (although I my experience is somewhat limited there).  I was going to hold off, but with 480P and widescreen support added  I might do this when I get a Wii - assuming the game still won't run in PS2 emulators by that point.  If it does, fuck 480p, I'll go 1600x1080.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 07:05:32 PM »
I almost might buy a Wii just for this.  Seriously.  I mean, it would *just* be for this, but this might be what tips the scales.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野

Offline sirean_syan

• Global Moderator
  • Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 09:46:33 PM »
From the IGN preview.

The game features a unique visual presentation made to look like traditional Japanese woodblock paintings. On PlayStation 2, the in-world game graphics appear to drawn to life on a virtual landscape textured in parchment paper, meant to harken back to ancient Japanese art. You will notice in our screenshots and videos that while the majority of the visual sense is maintained in the Wii build, the parchment paper texture is conspicuously absent. We suspect this is a filter that Ready at Dawn was unable to accurately translate to Wii. In a side-by-side visual comparison with the PS2 incarnation, we also noticed that the original title sports more subtle bloom work

Lame. Higher resolution, but fewer effects. It's not like the controls were anywhere near bad on the original either. I'm thinking this might be fun for an alternate version, but the original will remain the definitive.

Offline Quemaqua

• 古い塩
  • Administrator
  • Forum god
  • パンダは触るな。
    • Bookruptcy
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 15, 2008, 10:12:38 PM »
Huh, that's odd.  You wouldn't think it would be that difficult to reinterpret the effects, but maybe that's a limitation of whatever the port people are allowed to do/paid to do/whatever.

天才的な閃きと平均以下のテクニックやな。 課長有野